+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Everton v Burnley Match Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Cornet :

I give Dyce his due not to play him in the Everton game. Maxwell has been playing in another league let him see one of our games, our players, our style of play? What would people want, to give him 10 mins at the end? Let him get to know our players ,let Dyce now talk and hear what he thinks about the game, where he feels suitable to play etc. He could be our 'star' player ,lets just ease him in ,no throwing him at the deep end. We are a good club, we welcome him, make him feel at home etc. From the French league? We still have to know him !
    Quite right Balan, Lusty says the same thing, it's perfectly normal and acceptable to give new signings, especially one from the French League where the pace of a game is totally different, time to settle in before being thrown in at the deep end. We didn't lose yesterday because Dyche is tactically inept, or because Cornet didn't start, or because Lennon came on instead of him, the seeds of that defeat, and many more to come this season, have been sown over the last couple of years, when our owners have dogmatically refused to strengthen what was an already aging and very mediocre PL squad.

The chickens are now coming home to roost, as they always were going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Quite right Balan, Lusty says the same thing, it's perfectly normal and acceptable to give new signings, especially one from the French League where the pace of a game is totally different, time to settle in before being thrown in at the deep end. We didn't lose yesterday because Dyche is tactically inept, or because Cornet didn't start, or because Lennon came on instead of him, the seeds of that defeat, and many more to come this season, have been sown over the last couple of years, when our owners have dogmatically refused to strengthen what was an already aging and very mediocre PL squad.

The chickens are now coming home to roost, as they always were going to do.
    That in itself would not be an insurmountable problem if all the other teams failed to strengthen also but we all know they have added to their squads with quality not the likes of Lennon.

My personal view (and we get lots of those on here) is that it was the right thing to do with Cornet.Give him the chance to watch a game
    and then bed him in,I suspect he will come on as a sub on Saturday.I also think that once Roberts is fit he will come in as a straight replacement for Lowton and,in my mind, will much improve the team.Barnes was very poor last night and Vydra has to come in to link up with Wood.We were ok last night until we scored and they made changes and we don't have the personnel to respond sadly.

Claret :
    First I did not see the game live ,but I can go by seeing the Highlights. ( the video )
    (the incident can be seen at 0.56)

You say,
    ''that Brownhill gave away the ball cheaply for their second goal''

As I see it the ball was on the right side of Abdoulaye Doucouré, (no 16). Brownhill was on his left side, he did not have the ball (in the video, that's all I see ,I am seeing just the highlights, so if anything happened before that ??? I just do not know! )

but : why not ask, ''why was Taylor some 7 yds from Townsend?''

If Taylor had been 2 yards from Townsend, or close to him, would Townsend have done anything with the ball ?Would Doucouré have passed the ball to Townsend?? Would he have been able then to shoot as he did ?

Claret :
    First I did not see the game live ,but I can go by seeing the Highlights. ( the video )

You say,

As I see it the ball was on the right side of Abdoulaye Doucouré, (no 16). Brownhill was on his left side, he did not have the ball (in the video, that's all I see ,I am seeing just the highlights, so if anything happened before that ??? I just do not know! )

If Taylor had been 2 yards from Townsend, or close to him, would Townsend have done anything with the ball ?Would Doucouré have passed the ball to Townsend?? Would he have been able then to shoot as he did ?
    Personally and it’s from memory as it doesn’t really show on there it was Westwood’s poor pass that created their 3rd.
    The second the midfield were no where to be see n just jogging back ( you can see JBG pop
    Up as the ball goes in the net - came out of the hole he’d been hiding in for 45mins. )

Taylor your right though should have taken Townsend out ( it was a great finish - but we did invite him on to it ). As I posted on another thread we’re not streetwise and no way near cynical
    Or horrible enough .

The first was Mee out to close the cross from Townsend because midfield just couldn’t be bothered again.

I’m struggling to blame the defence when centrally and wide there was no cover especially when their shape changed.

Exception was Mcneil until last 15 mins to be fair to him he tried but eventually gave into the lazy itus of the other 3 midfielders.

Claret :

You say,

The highlight reel was conveniently cut not to show Brownhill`s sloppy pass which gave the ball away.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)