+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: St Midden

Not too disappointed about the draw and thought is was quite a good game.

Thought Harkes was having a great game and him going to right back is what levelled up the midfield battle.

I'm guessing Freeman was injured to not be on the bench.

Match showed the difference between McNulty and Shankland. McNulty is the type of player who scores that chance 6/10, whereas Shankland is a guy who scores that 8/10. Small differences are important in games like this.

Total meh game. We were ok first half. Saints far better than us in the second and we hung on a fair bit in the end. Would like to know why no Freeman on the bench? Very strange. Good to see Appere back. Need to start scoring. Already joint lowest scorers with only 2 goals.

We played quite well today. The injuries and re-shuffles ruined what was looking like a good formation and good game plan. We were well on top at one point (no pun intended) but in the end a draw away from home considering the circumstances isn't too bad.

The new guys looked pretty good, left back position isn't going to be a problem. Louis needs a good bit more game time to get sharper etc. But..... he is no target man. He won't win many balls in the air against most centre halves and playing with his back to goal isn't his strong point.

All in all, happy with the performance and the point considering.

Forward we go......

The good news is being on 7 points from a possible 15,the bad news is no goals scored by a striker and only 2 goals in 5 games.We clearly have a major problem by not bringing in someone for Shankland and that could ruin our season.
    As far as the derby goes please,please,please do not play Connolly he was getting ripped to shreds in the one he went off injured in.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The good news is being on 7 points from a possible 15,the bad news is no goals scored by a striker and only 2 goals in 5 games.We clearly have a major problem by not bringing in someone for Shankland and that could ruin our season.
    As far as the derby goes please,please,please do not play Connolly he was getting ripped to shreds in the one he went off injured in.
    To be fair GB, we had a problem scoring last season even with Shankland. A lot was said about setting up chances (lack of them) But there were chances set up today and yet again non taken.

Might be being a wee bit harsh on Connolly there, but you are correct, the minute he was substituted things did click, we looked a lot more comfortable and composed, and the rest is history.

Played well considering losing smith and putting harkes, who up you to that point, was playing well in midfield. Early days but from what I’ve seen from last season (I know he was played out of position) and this season so far, McNulty is not our answer to our poor scoring record.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Played well considering losing smith and putting harkes, who up you to that point, was playing well in midfield. Early days but from what I’ve seen from last season (I know he was played out of position) and this season so far, McNulty is not our answer to our poor scoring record.
    That one on one, should’ve been buried, either lack of confidence, just not got it, or both. Tbh, was not impressed with him last season, and his signing was really “meh” to me this season, but willing to give him the benefit of my doubt, but nothing so far showing that was justified (over hyped striker in my view!)

Its too early to be too critical of McNulty as that is the first time he has been the man up top and needs to learn what service he can be provided with. Also first time for Niskanen and Appere on his return will also need us to be that wee bit patient for the partnerships to come together.

should of won, new lads look ok altho the fin drifted in and out 2nd half too much. Pawlett's miss was a shocker

Hopefully, Smith and Edwards are ok for the derby. If so id play same team but swap Clark in for McNulty who is not near good enough for this level.

Fuchs - man that guy is class! what a player

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)