+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Covid...

Covid...

I honestly thought that we had got on top of the dreaded Covid what with people walking around shops without masks and supping in pubs but alas no,I was supposed to be going to Blackpool today but half of the family that I was supposed to be meeting had to cancel because of it and others pulled out because they didn't know if they had it but was in regular contact with the others,have we become complacent about it now,is it even front page news anymore?

It seems that it is widely spread after reopening but not as problematic in terms of hospital mortality as long as one has had the vaccine. Personally I continue to be cautious but many aren't, but I am in the vulnerable group

Just back from the Isle of Man where you wouldn’t think it existed. About 10% wearing masks in shops, 5% in cafes, hardly anyone anywhere else. It almost felt normal.

FFS... No sooner had I put up this thread and the Covid app on my phone tells me that I've been in close contact with somebody who has got it and to fill in my details and now I've got to bloody self isolate but I feel fine

Have you been cavorting* with a Scoth?

* Word of the week

Well thats just it,I've been pretty much been keeping myself to myself over the past few weeks but one of the family that's got it is my brother in law,I was supposed to be going to watch Rochdale today and going to Blackpool from there but I cancelled it last night due to no Blackpool trip and no Cloughy statue to see at Spotland

*Scoth...Scot? I see to remember Jimmy and Rab being called that back in the day and if so you lot more likely to encounter them surely? Do you lot still go over the wall nicking their sheep and messing with their girlfriends?

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Do you lot still go over the wall nicking their sheep and messing with their girlfriends?
    Aye, though I hear some prefer it the other way round.

I deleted the Track & Trace App on my own & company mobiles weeks ago..

The track & trace app pinging is not a legal requirement to isolate, only when NHS contact you directly

I turned mine off too. Now that I’ve had all the holidays I had booked I’ve switched it back on again. Well, a blokes got to put his feet up sometime, right?

I don't think that I've got the bug because I feel absolutely fine but the fear is that if have and consequently give it to others then I will be to blame for the others being sick due to my selfishness

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)