+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The very old man with enormous wings

The very old man with enormous wings

I remember being introduced to this story at church when the vicar had it as a part of his sermon and it has always stuck with me,do you know it Frank?

It centers around an angel that falls into a man's garden and the way that he is treated by the local people including the priest who claims that he isn't an angel because he doesn't speak Latin and gets put into a cage for people to pay and see,I see a lot of that in you Frank,you would put on your Barnham hat and think of the profit instead of helping the angel get better,you sure that you are a follower of the good book?

I did ask you a question which you have failed to answer. Instead you ask me this pap. The NHS needs to get you admitted. Because of the back log there is a robot called Stanley that goes from bed to bed doing tests. It looks like the robot from lost in space.

You need every test. ECG Catscan, biopsies, brain scans of every type.

I am sure that having carried out its duties it will start waiving its arms in the air, shouting DANGER DANGER.

Its ticker tape read out will be RED with the words RUN.

Now, using all the logic and sense you have, explain, in detail, how i have done something wrong.

As for the above, im sure the angel would kneel before me, and if i asked him to, would give piggy backs to children.

I didn't say that you had done anything wrong more that I saw a lot of somebody putting an angel in a cage for money in you,thinking of yourself instead of helping others,the angel always got ill the same time as the child in the family so there must be a moral somewhere but I can't remember what it was

I saw Robbie the robot in Columbo a couple of weeks ago,who would have thought that a robot would have an agent

Now then,what was the question you asked,was it the one about you not bleeding the same as me from Shakespeare,if so then we are all different Frank,we all bleed but it's all about what's inside that matters

I know what it must feel like to be a Cambridge educated professor, teaching the lowest stream at St Albans primary school in 1963. So, when all is said and done, you think i am selfish. If i were to ask why, you would mention predictocomp.

Secondly, to say that if you cut me, do i not bleed, is not about the mechanics of bleeding, have another attempt at deciphering the meaning.

The kicker, a poker term, is that you say that its about what is inside that matters, meaning i am less emotionally than you.

I am sitting here watching about twenty sparrows and two pigeons eating porridge. The second course is coming up, seed in a feeder, and a spread of seed across the lawn. There are two full water containers.

I have two dogs, i sponser a girl in vietnam, i donate to an elephant charity, and the world wildlife fund.

Now just to bring football into it, Mr Barry sees fit to put his hand in my pocket for his own charities without asking., all commies do that, and depletes the football at Cambridge United. You are cancelled Mr Barry.

So i am selfish chalky.

Arthur of Blossom Street.

Listen to Genesis, A Trick of the Tail, a similar story.

Prey let me know how it is similar. Notice how i spelled prey with an e not an a.

I did look it up thinking it was from the bible, the only thing to rival Shakespeare. It was Genesis the band.

I read the lyrics to try and make sense of it, but could not, something about a golden city in the distance that cant be reached. How apt is that? Its not about Carlisle winning the prem or championship, the city in the distance that cant be reached is getting out of div 4.

Please enlighten me griff, this is not a wind up.

Joni of Montreal.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)