+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Liverpool ***Matchday Thread***

Leeds United - v - Liverpool ***Matchday Thread***

Stuart Dallas is available for Leeds despite withdrawing from international duty for personal reasons, while Junior Firpo and Mateusz Klich have recovered from Covid-19.

New signing Daniel James could play and Raphinha's ban for not being released to the Brazil squad may yet be lifted.

Liverpool are without the injured Roberto Firmino but Virgil van Dijk and Harvey Elliott are fit.

James Milner has returned to training but is a doubt.

Like Raphinha, Alisson Becker and Fabinho are currently ineligible to play as they weren't allowed to link-up with Brazil's national team, although the situation could change.

Leeds have stuttered a little bit so far this season, but I think that's all it is. I don't see them struggling, put it that way.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Leeds' most recent victory over Liverpool in all competitions came in the league more than 20 years ago.Liverpool could become the first team to record 50 top-flight victories over Leeds.The Whites haven't kept a clean sheet against Liverpool in 22 league meetings since a goalless draw in April 1999.

Leeds United

Leeds could fail to win any of their first four top-flight matches in a season for the first time since 1958-59.

They could also equal their longest winless run in the league under Marcelo Bielsa.However, Bielsa's side are unbeaten in seven top-flight matches at Elland Road (W3, D4). They haven't fared better since a 15-game streak in 2001.

Patrick Bamford is on 98 career league goals and has scored four times in his last seven Premier League appearances.

Liverpool

Liverpool's 13-match unbeaten league run is currently the longest in the division (W10, D3).

They have won seven of their past eight away league games, including their last four in a row.Mohamed Salah is one away from becoming the 30th player to reach 100 Premier League goals - and just the second African to reach the milestone after Didier Drogba.

He could become the fifth quickest player to reach the milestone, having played 161 games, behind Alan Shearer (124), Harry Kane (141), Sergio Aguero (147) and Thierry Henry (160).

Trent Alexander-Arnold has created an unrivalled 15 chances in the league so far this season.

1 - 2.

MOT.

Expecting a drubbing again, we've looked poor so far this year other than in short patches.

Fact we haven't strengthened that central midfield is just going to **** us this year

Don't know if what Toty said about raphs position is a number 10 and James comes in could change our game for the better.
    But I also heard MB say he's our best player on the wing so why would they change it?
    We know how stubborn he is so expect much the same James on the bench and hell keep producing Rodrigo with a cameo appearance from Roberts
    Was watching Palace Spurs as I could not sleep mind playing tricks again and boy did we miss out on a couple of rippers The midfielder from Chelsea looks unreal (did everything defend brilliantly not scared to dribbled past them and great upfront) and so did the striker from a competition that is crap the Scottish Edouard whom we were into apparently the maestro did not want Dude scores goals for fun.
    Anyway back to the game if we start as is we are doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Don't know if what Toty said about raphs position is a number 10 and James comes in could change our game for the better.
    But I also heard MB say he's our best player on the wing so why would they change it?
    We know how stubborn he is so expect much the same James on the bench and hell keep producing Rodrigo with a cameo appearance from Roberts
    Was watching Palace Spurs as I could not sleep mind playing tricks again and boy did we miss out on a couple of rippers The midfielder from Chelsea looks unreal (did everything defend brilliantly not scared to dribbled past them and great upfront) and so did the striker from a competition that is crap the Scottish Edouard whom we were into apparently the maestro did not want Dude scores goals for fun.
    Anyway back to the game if we start as is we are doomed.
    He (Bielsa), will stick with who he has played previously, Raphina will start (praise be), Rodrigo as you say will cameo until subbed for James, we will (hopefully) see Dallas and Klich back, Strijk as good as usual, Bamford doing what he does best, and Roberts will be brought on to replace Harrison. See if I'm right!

Agree with Joel on this one and think we are in for a bit of a rodgering not on the scum scale (fingers crossed) but I feel it will be a pants down botty spanked 3-1 to Liverpool.

Absolute madness from our board to not get that Central Midfield area strengthened and like Joel says its gonna bite us on the ass.

This season has a survival feeling to it and I do not like that one bit...anyone else started looking to see how the 'others' around us are doing or is that just me???

Not sure if I am being negative or realistic

As always.....MOT.

Take a few JD Rev. We’re gonna whop their fat scouse bums.

And if Roberts comes on before James, I’ll eat me own ass
    Last edited by Billyni; 11-09-2021 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post

Get ready with the condiments!

Us football fans are a funny ol bunch are we not? I was looking at a couple of Mickey Mouse forums and a good % think they are in for a game, potential nana skin etc….
    I never bet against us never, no matter what or the gulf, I just cannot.
    Over the years I have been to plenty battles between us both home and away, usually good games either way, don’t see this next one any different.
    Sticking with a home win for the lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post

A few JD were took on board prior to last nights post

Feeling a tad more positive today so lets see how we go.

However..if it does go tits up and you feel the need to eat your own ass..my advice is get Belfast to do it and save your teeth the hassle

Be interesting to see if he does start Dan the man...my guess is he wont.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)