+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Micky Mellon's Tranmere

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    That last season was absolutely disgusting to watch. The man had zero belief in what was a decent squad and played the worst football i have ever seen us play. No desire to even create a chance or win a game most of the time. Glad the club saw what was happening and got rid of him.
    And that shouting at the players throughout 90 minutes. If it hasn't happened already one of his own players is going to walk over to the dugout and smack him 😎

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    And that shouting at the players throughout 90 minutes. If it hasn't happened already one of his own players is going to walk over to the dugout and smack him 😎
    To be honest, he did what he was asked to do, can’t complain (even if the fitba was eye bleeding), and genuinely wanted to see what he would do (fresh) this season. However, hearing the views of some of the players, seems we dodged a bullet, and while i knew Tam was a risk, he was less of a concern to me, than improving the playing staff. Thankfully that has been well (and patiently) addressed, and most need to eat humble pie (at the criticism aimed at Tony at that time), and it would appear the team back Tam 100%. All good and long may that continue, I just wish the club had better comms with the fans!

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    To be honest, he did what he was asked to do, can’t complain (even if the fitba was eye bleeding), and genuinely wanted to see what he would do (fresh) this season. However, hearing the views of some of the players, seems we dodged a bullet, and while i knew Tam was a risk, he was less of a concern to me, than improving the playing staff. Thankfully that has been well (and patiently) addressed, and most need to eat humble pie (at the criticism aimed at Tony at that time), and it would appear the team back Tam 100%. All good and long may that continue, I just wish the club had better comms with the fans!
    Agree 100% there's no doubt MM did what was needed so credit where credit is due. Hopefully we're moving to that next level now.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

Benji the latest guest on the dutv Wednesday night at the club (formerly Friday night) to hint at that (after Pawlett and Liam Smith previously all but said they were glad to see the back of mm and his touchline shouting the same things on repeat),
    what did they say mate, i've not heard about this lol

If he did what he was asked to do he would still be here.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    If he did what he was asked to do he would still be here.
    Not if he was tapped by Tranmere..

Talking

Not if he was tapped by Tranmere..

I look back on MM's tenure and feel he panicked after the two 4-0 results away to The Rangers and Killie.Its fair to say the football after that was nothing short of dreadful.
    We have an amazing amount of points given our goals for tally but fair play to Tam he has surpassed all my expectations and although its very very early days i'm more than happy to eat humble pie every week on here as long as it takes.

Credit where it’s due. Micky M came in a week or two before season, he kept us up in our first season with covid etc.

Job done and I am happy with his contribution

I also read his book which was not bad !!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    what did they say mate, i've not heard about this lol
    Pawlett episode
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ouKc5VX9hCI
    L Smith episode (with a good wee segment of Mark and Scott Ogren answering questions)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fTBtDsYER8I
    Benji episode
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlwk2kAAT5g

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)