+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Micky Mellon's Tranmere

There definitely an attempt to play a better brand of football under Courts, but I wouldn't be critical of Melon, he did the job asked in difficult circumstances. Single biggest reason for the lack of goals last couple of seasons is the quality of the players. Lets hope with return of players from injury and new signings it gels, still don't really rate our strikers tbh.

Much better this season in my opinion and I just wish we have a proven goalscorer or that mcnulty turns into that

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Either way, I'm much happier with Courts incharge than I was MM, just feels better overall imo, still early days and will be bumps in the road as we've already seen but I sense the team enjoy it more and prefer TC
    Really? I take it you weren't at the game today? Not awful but absolutely average, both teams average, a game where it looked like both teams were accepting a draw from the 1st whistle.

I honestly don't know why anyone can differentiate between Mellon and Courts when on the field nothing has really changed!!

I really like Mellon - very grateful that he steadied the ship and kept us up last season.

I have been very pleasantly surprised by big Tam too

Glass definitely half full atm

5 games in. I'm not jumping to any conclusions just yet. We looked excellent this time last season then it all went to f*ck. Today was just like watching one of last seasons games. That said, we've had a better start than I imagined under Courts.

Not one for bumping threads but MM has won 5 and drawn 1 of the 6 matches since this thread so well done to him. In the league he his team has scored 8 and let in 4 from 11 games.......he is known down South as the Tam Courts of lge two

Seems like the club for him, he didn't fit here imo, Not one player at Utd would have him back over TC, and doubt many fans would, which is good for us of course

Benji the latest guest on the dutv Wednesday night at the club (formerly Friday night) to hint at that (after Pawlett and Liam Smith previously all but said they were glad to see the back of mm and his touchline shouting the same things on repeat), Benji was asked Micky Mellon or Robbie Neilson? Hesitated to think about it then one of the presenters said Csaba? Benji said "don't mention him" then replied with Tam Courts

Shock horror he has gone one better than United 2 goals in 1 game. A veritable goal feast.

He didn't have a reputation for a cautious style of play when he arrived at United. It looks like he stumbled on that formula at United.

He gave us Edwards. Something we should be thankful for.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Shock horror he has gone one better than United 2 goals in 1 game. A veritable goal feast.

He didn't have a reputation for a cautious style of play when he arrived at United. It looks like he stumbled on that formula at United.

He gave us Edwards. Something we should be thankful for.
    Absolutely. I've said before, the one player we can say with a fair amount of confidence was 100% the managers signing and what a player he is! One of our best centre halves in years.

That last season was absolutely disgusting to watch. The man had zero belief in what was a decent squad and played the worst football i have ever seen us play. No desire to even create a chance or win a game most of the time. Glad the club saw what was happening and got rid of him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)