+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will you be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    After the tripe served up by the dinosaurs Pulis, Pardew and the truly appalling con merchant Allardyce anything is an improvement.
    Val may have only one way of playing ( teams will suss us out) but it’s good to have some excitement for a change.
    This all done with some players who we normally wouldn’t look twice at
    Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    The football under Val isn't poor, it's just direct. The comparisons with Pulis are totally off. Pulis was direct but played a low defensive line and rigid defensive system which Val doesn't. The difference is this Albion side gets in faces and looks for goals from chaos and we will concede in that process.

This is a hard league and we won't breeze past anyone as Fulham proved today. This gaffer will get us going places and it will be exciting.

Good sensible post Matt!

I have found it quite exciting playing on the front foot, can’t comment about today but so far it has been 100% better than Pullis crap!

Every other team now knows how Albion will play but can we overcome that? That is the question, if we can, then we could see some exciting games but I suspect that our system is a tad too easy to frustrate, as demonstrated at Peterborough and today. I’ll be amazed if we get promoted this season as I don’t think that there is enough quality there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    After the tripe served up by the dinosaurs Pulis, Pardew and the truly appalling con merchant Allardyce anything is an improvement.
    Val may have only one way of playing ( teams will suss us out) but it’s good to have some excitement for a change.
    This all done with some players who we normally wouldn’t look twice at
    Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Every other team now knows how Albion will play but can we overcome that? That is the question, if we can, then we could see some exciting games but I suspect that our system is a tad too easy to frustrate, as demonstrated at Peterborough and today. I’ll be amazed if we get promoted this season as I don’t think that there is enough quality there.

Which other teams have more quality? Fulham who have double the value of squad lost to Blackpool.

I think we will be fine especially when Clarke returns

My thoughts early on in the season were, ok this is good BUT, huff and puff will only get you so far, what about when the results take a down turn when we’re matched up? because whatever system you play, you always need quality, I have several concerns over many signings but not enough to start kicking off.

I like big Val and his passion for pressing football but I’m not blind to the risks as we saw today, being blunt we could have easily lost 1-3 today.....easily I say! Getting caught 3 v 2 on the counter too many times is a worry for me I won’t deny, especially if the quality up the other end isn’t there.

I’m also disappointed that Grant is on penalties, he took a crap pen at Blues in the friendly and got away with it, I feared him missing today as soon as he stepped up. If you can’t hit the side netting from a pen, don’t take one, and he can’t.

Hopefully we’ll deal with Derby or the grumbles will grow, just saying fellas!

We’re top of the league. A winning formula would be 12 points. Three wins, three draws. We have 14 points. This is with having a couple of key players injured. If we are going to start complaining now we will always be complaining. Try and enjoy the good times.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    We’re top of the league. A winning formula would be 12 points. Three wins, three draws. We have 14 points. This is with having a couple of key players injured. If we are going to start complaining now we will always be complaining. Try and enjoy the good times.

Good post Boingy! As you may well, I am not been well but a big smile appeared when my Preston tickets arrived yesterday. That means a big thumbs up from me and for a long time excited especially considering we have spent a big fat zero. Who spent 32 million on Grant and Grady - not big Val!

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    Watching the football served up the last 2 games for the rest of the season ?

I was shot down the other week for saying this is it for the season as val only has 1 way of playing and the last 2 games is it I’m afraid
    I Personally feel its far to early to be jumping to any assumption that this is the way we are going to be playing all season, its a learning curve for both the players and Val, the first half was really poor yesterday and to be fair to Val he changed it at half time and brought Robinson on and we did look more effective, Val does need to understand we have better players than Barnsley did last season and can play through the centre of the pitch and cause teams problems as well, but i do like the fact we are still trying to win games in injury time not all teams will be as street wise as Millwall were yesterday.

I know we're top of the league, but I think everyone has a right to point out their concerns.

I always thought I'd review it after about 10 games, so I still want to see us for another 3/4 games before I conclusively say what I think.

So far, I like Val's passion and energy. I think you have to give him credit for the subs yesterday as they came on and influenced the game. I would have absolutely have taken this start had you offered it at the start of the season. But yesterday's game was a really poor watch. This style of football is good when on the front foot. We also bully teams on long throws and set pieces, but you can't do that with teams like Millwall because that is their strength.

I'd like to see some calmness, and quality on the ball especially in the middle of the park. I'm not blaming our midfielders either by the way, but most of the game is bypassing them because we're so direct. Its kick and rush type of football, when its effective then great. But when it isn't like the last couple of games it is a hard watch. Let's see how the next few games pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Good sensible post Matt!
    Agree. Good post Matt.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)