+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Will you be happy

The first couple of matches were more exciting than the dross we have been served up with in recent times but as our Barnsley friends have pointed out, Val doesn’t seem to have an alternative method of playing. It looks as if Val’s style is quite easy to frustrate if the opposition is content to sit back and defend and hoof it back into our half. I have a feeling that we are going to have to put up with matches like last Saturday and tonight on a regular basis. If by some miracle we were to secure promotion, I dread to think what will happen to our results in the Premier League; the runt in China is highly unlikely to make funds available to buy a competitive squad, so unless he sold the club before the start of next season we would be set for an even worse season than we had last time. Just as worrying is what the runt will do if we don’t return to the Greed League.

FOL

Oh for those halcyon days of…………….

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    The first couple of matches were more exciting than the dross we have been served up with in recent times but as our Barnsley friends have pointed out, Val doesn’t seem to have an alternative method of playing. It looks as if Val’s style is quite easy to frustrate if the opposition is content to sit back and defend and hoof it back into our half. I have a feeling that we are going to have to put up with matches like last Saturday and tonight on a regular basis. If by some miracle we were to secure promotion, I dread to think what will happen to our results in the Premier League; the runt in China is highly unlikely to make funds available to buy a competitive squad, so unless he sold the club before the start of next season we would be set for an even worse season than we had last time. Just as worrying is what the runt will do if we don’t return to the Greed League.

FOL

Totally agree but still say if there’s a distinct lack of quality which there is - what other methods can you play?

The reality is this squad is much weaker with less quality than the one promoted. The side that was promoted had far less quality than the one where Shan parked the bus at Vile Park.

We are a club in decline and sticking plasters have been applied. I see it - I know you see it Ketts but many West Brom supporters will hound the manager out before getting to the source of the problem which is;

The Board are puppets to an owner who has put the club in decline and it’s rotting to the core!

Some will say - hoof ball but we had at least 8/10 crosses today both on the ground and in the air!! Will a decent striker come in to the club in 2030?

I’m surprised at the b I t c h I n g to be honest.

Most of you have been banging on for months about “how great it’ll be to be back in the Championship” ....blah, blah, blah!

It isn’t, it stinks and you get to see some rubbish football played by even more mediocre players than you usually do!

The intensity of Premier League football and the challenge of it is far more compelling.

By the end of last season we were an okay side under a well organised manager.

Im not dissing Val but Allardyce would’ve got us up this year and maybe kept up up next year.

We needed to keep Yoksulu and Diagne as well, those two would’ve been immense in this division.

So please stop crying about the football and the style etc, you mostly got what you wanted, helter skelter s h y t e twice a week against other c r a p sides.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’m surprised at the b I t c h I n g to be honest.

Most of you have been banging on for months about “how great it’ll be to be back in the Championship” ....blah, blah, blah!

It isn’t, it stinks and you get to see some rubbish football played by even more mediocre players than you usually do!

The intensity of Premier League football and the challenge of it is far more compelling.

By the end of last season we were an okay side under a well organised manager.

Im not dissing Val but Allardyce would’ve got us up this year and maybe kept up up next year.

We needed to keep Yoksulu and Diagne as well, those two would’ve been immense in this division.

So please stop crying about the football and the style etc, you mostly got what you wanted, helter skelter s h y t e twice a week against other c r a p sides.

Well said Mick - bang on!!! We had 25 chances FFS

What do people expect with zero spend and your sentence in bold above says it all!!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)