+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Livingston game

Livingston game

Manager got the team wrong for me. Can't understand why Gowser doesn't start if Adam's out, he also brought him on way too late to make any difference.

Thought Cummings would start ahead of Jakubiak, both wasted out wide when they were playing by the way, as was Griffiths.

Best players for us were defenders, shocking stuff.

Livi are very poor but we couldn't beat them at home, that makes us no better than they are.

We pretty much dominated for 90 minutes,their keeper made 2 great saves plus one outstanding save l. Griff looked a bit too anxious to get a goal,but that should change once one goes in. Byrne was superb,the back four looked solid,and at no time did livvy look like scoring,while we did.

We also had to put up with the away team constantly disrupting play with niggly fouls and constant time wasting, and a ref who didn't want to put a stop to either tactic.

Gowser could have come on earlier maybe,but mcpake has got it right more than he has wrong recently,so I am happy to trust his judgement,and allow him a slight mistake, if indeed it was a mistake.

We need more points obviously,we should have more,but early days,and things look better than they have in a long time

Thought we lacked in midfield, Byrne was his normal excellent, but I think Anderson seems to play in phases, he seems to have a great run, tackle or pass then fall out the game for 5-10 mins, thought Griff was wasted playing so wide, we basically didn’t have a central front man, we seemed to look back before passing forward when playing out from the back, I think it’s work in progress but we seen the depth of our squad when a couple of players are out, we still need a bit more quality

Annoyed with livie's tactics, had enough of that in the championship.
    That Sibbald for livi was fouling from the first minute, but got his cumuppance when Byrne nailed him, but livie's foul count was 19, says it all
    Some good attacking play in the first half, Anderson should have scored after a great pass from Macown.
    Think Macown will develop into a good player for us, as for Sparkie, some good touches, just needs to get his fitness up.
    Still confident about the derby game, as our mentality is good, even without Charlie.

Played well enough 1st 25, turgid stuff thereafter, Livvy finished stronger.

Pen at the end.....yes for me.

Adam.....solid
    Marshall.....not much going forward, solid enough.
    Kerr.....up for it as usual.
    Ashcroft.....excellent
    Sweeney.....good wing man for Ashcroft.

Byrne....quieter than normal
    Anderson.....2 or 3 great spins but seems to lack a wee bit of confidence in own ability....shuda scored
    McGhee......shuda passed, battled
    Mccowan.....Will be dissappointed.
    Jack.....moments but need more.
    Griff.....too anxious, to impress.....nothing to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Manager got the team wrong for me. Can't understand why Gowser doesn't start if Adam's out, he also brought him on way too late to make any difference.

Thought Cummings would start ahead of Jakubiak, both wasted out wide when they were playing by the way, as was Griffiths.

Best players for us were defenders, shocking stuff.

Livi are very poor but we couldn't beat them at home, that makes us no better than they are.
    Pretty much agree with all of that. With Adam missing, we need McGowan there.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Played well enough 1st 25, turgid stuff thereafter, Livvy finished stronger.

Pen at the end.....yes for me.

Adam.....solid
    Marshall.....not much going forward, solid enough.
    Kerr.....up for it as usual.
    Ashcroft.....excellent
    Sweeney.....good wing man for Ashcroft.

Byrne....quieter than normal
    Anderson.....2 or 3 great spins but seems to lack a wee bit of confidence in own ability....shuda scored
    McGhee......shuda passed, battled
    Mccowan.....Will be dissappointed.
    Jack.....moments but need more.
    Griff.....too anxious, to impress.....nothing to prove.
    All I would add to that is Kerr doesn't overlap nearly enough. Seems to want to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible, frequently stopping and turning back. He needs to man up on that a bit in my opinion, because he has the legs. Also McCowan started great then vanished. Otherwise, spot on as far as I am concerned. As per @Deeranged comment, I think McGowan is the better to start alongside McGhee and Byrne.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)