+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awkward....

Awkward....

Bruce's post-match presser, especially when Lee Ryder grows a pair of balls and asks about him going on holiday.

On that point, yes, folk are entitled to do what they want during their time off BUT-he'd just had a couple of months off and we've started the season poorly and out of the 11 starters today, only Almiron had been away so they could-and indeed should have trained in that first week.

Also, it just looks shit and, like it or not, appearances are important. He knows how supporters are feeling about the Club and he knew how this would look but the simple fact is he just doesn't care as much as he would have us believe or as much as we wish he did.

As for refusing to comment about fans wanting him to go...how about 'well it's my job to try to change their mind' or 'obviously it's hurtful and I'd rather it was different' or a variation on those themes. And he's in absolute denial, too-saying the fans are negative towards him because of what the Chronic writes.

Anyhoo, here it is. It's not long:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKGQeWTme2k

Two thoughts come to mind. One is that he got quickly rattled about a very simple question which would have been easily handled by even a third rate manager. He managed to blame the fans and the press for the negativity around his performance - once again refusing to take any responsibility.
    The fact he doesn’t really care is shown by his poor work ethic and heading off on holiday makes a mockery of this “roll our sleeves up” sh*te that he keeps spouting. The only thing he ever rolls up is a kebab.

The guy is showing who he really is.

He's a fraud. Out of his depth. Always has been as a manager. Won nothing. Awful win ratio. Tactically incompetent. The new coach is running the show.

Cabbage heed, like Penfold are both stealing a living.

Classic SD NUFC.

Hopefully the pressure gets too much.

1 draw, 3 losses, shipped 12.

1 Signing in the summer, no team or squad development.

Punted one of the most promising academy talents out on loan because the kid calls him out in training for being clueless.

Fans furious with the garbage product on the pitch.

1 actual striker on the books at the club who's injury record is shocking.

It's got relegation written all over it.

The atmosphere on Friday night is going to be an education for him and his staff.

I think he knows he's overstayed.

Actually, TT has made a very good point. He always makes a big thing of our hard work ethic but going on holiday at this point in the season flies in the face of that assertion.

But, then, he talks more shite than Pardew, Kinnear, Carver or McClaren ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    The atmosphere on Friday night is going to be an education for him and his staff.

I think he knows he's overstayed.
    What will add to it is the fact that Leeds will fill their section and their fans will be up for it-and full of it.

If we concede first, it'll get ugly fast.

that interview tells me, he's a man on borrowed time. From day one, he has taken Ashley's side, spoken out and blamed the fans, belittled the previous manager and talked complete crap. He has blamed the local press and the media for his failings.
    Bruce was under the illusion that he was in with Ashley, yet we ALL know, he would throw anyone under the bus for a few quid.
    The club statement has shown the true colours of the clubs leadership, Bruce is now in the end game, he knows he will be gone shortly.
    To further add to Bruce's woes, he said he personally works on the defensive side of our game with Agnew and Jones runs the forward play. He has now come out and said the defence is letting us down

If we are n the bottom 3 after Leeds & Watford & Wolves, he will be sacked.
    The club have bluntly said they have let him spend £160m on players, now Mike wants to see a return on the field, once that mindset has kicked in, the manager is borrowed time.
    Ashley, Charnley and especially Barnes are underhanded c*nts and probably have a new manager lined up already.
    My guess would be some low cost knob jockey to take over until the end of the season initially, someone like John Terry.

The key thing for me will be the dates to keep an eye on. September 25th is the Watford game, September 29th is the CAT jurisdiction hearing. If he gets the bullet i think it will be highly unlikely we have a replacement before the CAT hearing. Mike is a gambling man, if the case goes sour, he will have a strop and bring in Terry, if it goes in his favour and the case goes ahead, he will get his compo, then he will probably loosen the purse strings and he may go for someone like Eddie Howe to work with Jones.

The Willock transfer peaked my interest. In all the time Ashley has been here, he has insisted the club pay for the full transfer fee upfront AND the players salary for the duration of the contract, which was obviously a way of taking more money out of the cub, but this time we payed for Willock in instalments over 5 years. If he sells the club, its not his problem anymore.
    So we were rumoured to have a £10m transfer budget, we have put 5-6m down on Willock, leaving 4 million for Bruce's compensation when he is relieved of his duties.

Good, thought provoking , post Tanya. Something, anything needs to happen because we are already firmly on the slide to relegation.

Thing is, when you look at that run last season, when we only won twice in 21 games and even his mates in the media had gone quiet, he still wasn't sacked. It got to the stage where it was actually perverse that we were keeping him on.

He won't be sacked this side of Christmas. If we're still in touching distance of 17th he won't be sacked at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    that interview tells me, he's a man on borrowed time. From day one, he has taken Ashley's side, spoken out and blamed the fans, belittled the previous manager and talked complete crap. He has blamed the local press and the media for his failings.
    Bruce was under the illusion that he was in with Ashley, yet we ALL know, he would throw anyone under the bus for a few quid.
    The club statement has shown the true colours of the clubs leadership, Bruce is now in the end game, he knows he will be gone shortly.
    To further add to Bruce's woes, he said he personally works on the defensive side of our game with Agnew and Jones runs the forward play. He has now come out and said the defence is letting us down

If we are n the bottom 3 after Leeds & Watford & Wolves, he will be sacked.
    The club have bluntly said they have let him spend £160m on players, now Mike wants to see a return on the field, once that mindset has kicked in, the manager is borrowed time.
    Ashley, Charnley and especially Barnes are underhanded c*nts and probably have a new manager lined up already.
    My guess would be some low cost knob jockey to take over until the end of the season initially, someone like John Terry.

The key thing for me will be the dates to keep an eye on. September 25th is the Watford game, September 29th is the CAT jurisdiction hearing. If he gets the bullet i think it will be highly unlikely we have a replacement before the CAT hearing. Mike is a gambling man, if the case goes sour, he will have a strop and bring in Terry, if it goes in his favour and the case goes ahead, he will get his compo, then he will probably loosen the purse strings and he may go for someone like Eddie Howe to work with Jones.

The Willock transfer peaked my interest. In all the time Ashley has been here, he has insisted the club pay for the full transfer fee upfront AND the players salary for the duration of the contract, which was obviously a way of taking more money out of the cub, but this time we payed for Willock in instalments over 5 years. If he sells the club, its not his problem anymore.
    So we were rumoured to have a £10m transfer budget, we have put 5-6m down on Willock, leaving 4 million for Bruce's compensation when he is relieved of his duties.
    Ashley saying the manager can spend the money the club makes, Whilst giving away 10's of Millions of Pounds worth of advertising space away to SD, Every season is either incompitent or just a crook. In our owners case it's both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)