I think it's probably unfair to look at the seedings and use them as a gauge as to how difficult the opponent is. Players like Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, the Williams sisters etc are real outliers hence their records. After that there is very little difference between a player who is ranked top 20 or 100. The margins are just so tight.

I decided to take up tennis a while ago because at 57 (tomorrow ) my knees won't let me play football anymore, I'm a member at the Tennis Centre in Nottingham now and it's recently been taken over by the LTA. In the last few weeks they've had various tournaments that you would never normally know about, but the one that really caught my eye was the national Junior Championships.

The skill and quality of play by kids in the UK right now was nothing short of remarkable and I saw many future 'Emma's'. I know for sure that as a grown man there is no way I could compete with these kids, maybe from 10 years upwards. Unfortunately, like young footballers the pressure is immense from parent's and coaches alike meaning many of these fantastic talents will end up broken on the scrapheap, usually ending up in Florida as a tennis coach.

What Emma achieved really shouldn't be played down, like we say in football, you can only beat what's in front of you, I mean, everyone would agree that Tim Henman was a very good tennis player, but even his endeavours were dwarfed by Andy Murray, and his by those mentioned above.

I honestly believe that if she offloads the baggage of the money grabbers and the media circus is managed better she will turn out to have a very good career as a professional tennis player, good luck to her.