+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Schopp stays in the dugout at half time

Morais-----W3--D4--L8------Sacked

Stendel----W31--D16--L13-------Sacked

Struber----W14--D8--L17-------Left

Ismael-----W25--D6--L13--------Left

Schopp-----W 1--D3--L2

Interesting and varied times darn Grove Street.

I know what you are saying and it is still early days, but Schopp from the outside doesn’t seem to have the personality to get a response from his players? They clearly don’t like the change in playing style and it appears that he doesn’t have a plan B when things are not going to plan.
    We are missing Mads at the back and Morris up front, Woodrow should never have been made Captain as he doesn’t have the mentality to effect other players on the pitch! He hasn’t had a good game for months, is the armband adding to his poor displays?
    They need to give it to Helik as he is a born leader on the pitch.
    I can’t see us getting better under this guy to be honest and don’t see how Obi will change this if he’s ever fit, we will most likely get two or three games out of him before he is injured again?
    Why is Benson not training? Has he fallen out with Schopp already? It’s not looking good is it?

I must say things don’t sound very good down at Oakwell,it sounds as though either the players are not getting on with the head coach or he has lost it.Either way there is no excuse for him not to go in the dressing room at half time,it’s his job to be in there with the players.Also I can’t understand why he changed the winning style of play from last season,although I am not a fan of the big boot the high press that Val played brought the results that got us into the play offs so if it’s not broken don’t try and mend it.Also I can’t understand why it’s taking so long for the two Belgium players to get fit,these lads are athletes who should be naturally fit even if they are not getting games.It shouldn’t take this long on the training pitch to get them up to scratch unless the head coach doesn’t think they are good enough in which case he could be at odds with the people who bought the players.If he is at odds with the owners I can’t see him lasting long.

Quote Originally Posted by Fileytyke View Post
    I must say things don’t sound very good down at Oakwell,it sounds as though either the players are not getting on with the head coach or he has lost it.Either way there is no excuse for him not to go in the dressing room at half time,it’s his job to be in there with the players.Also I can’t understand why he changed the winning style of play from last season,although I am not a fan of the big boot the high press that Val played brought the results that got us into the play offs so if it’s not broken don’t try and mend it.Also I can’t understand why it’s taking so long for the two Belgium players to get fit,these lads are athletes who should be naturally fit even if they are not getting games.It shouldn’t take this long on the training pitch to get them up to scratch unless the head coach doesn’t think they are good enough in which case he could be at odds with the people who bought the players.If he is at odds with the owners I can’t see him lasting long.
    To be honest Filey it isn't the results that are bothering me so much at this early stage of the season .

It's early days and plenty of games to go .

It's the performances and how the team looks so unbalanced and lacking in cohesion .

We fade badly in the second half of games and lack any kind of leadership out there .

I take the point about Woodrow probably isn't a captain but you don't have to be a captain to be a leader .

The players look totally lost but there doesn't seem to be much direction coming from the technical area to help them along either .

There was a real band of brothers about us last season , a real spirit and togetherness and everybody from the technical area to the subs were all on the same page , everyone bought in to Val and his methods .

We look a shadow of that right now .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Morais-----W3--D4--L8------Sacked

Stendel----W31--D16--L13-------Sacked

Struber----W14--D8--L17-------Left

Ismael-----W25--D6--L13--------Left

Schopp-----W 1--D3--L2

Interesting and varied times darn Grove Street.
    Cheers sb.

There is one statistical anomaly. All the managerial records include competitive games outside league games eg FA Cup, League Cup, but Schoppp's loss to Bolton is not included.

For true comparison Schopp's record should read W1--D3--L3

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I didn't , I saw his record as you did and said the same as you .
    Me too. I think a couple o posters who've now moved on ed words wi me or it

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    There is one statistical anomaly. All the managerial records include competitive games outside league games eg FA Cup, League Cup, but Schoppp's loss to Bolton is not included.

For true comparison Schopp's record should read W1--D3--L3
    We dont want to start calling him Flopp.soz it tickled mi wen a thought about it.

Only 7 games in and another tough away game on Wednesday.
    We have lost experience on and off the field, Solbauer and Mowatt. Morris out injured, a big brick **** house of a centre forward gone, still waiting for his replacement to get fit.
    We also lost a coach who demanded hard work, physically and mentally and who was a big presence in the dressing room and in the dug out.
    The only other coach, who may not have been so big physically, but had a big personality was Stendel. I have my worries about Schopp, but it is too early to write him off.
    At least when we were losing under Stendel there was some fight in the team and we were having shots at the goal. There was none of that against Bournemouth and that is worrying. Where is the intensity, the pressing, the aggression, the fight? Under Stendel and Ismael the lads would run all day long, what's happened?
    I really hope we can turn it around soon

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    To be honest Filey it isn't the results that are bothering me so much at this early stage of the season .

It's early days and plenty of games to go .

It's the performances and how the team looks so unbalanced and lacking in cohesion .

We fade badly in the second half of games and lack any kind of leadership out there .

I take the point about Woodrow probably isn't a captain but you don't have to be a captain to be a leader .

The players look totally lost but there doesn't seem to be much direction coming from the technical area to help them along either .

There was a real band of brothers about us last season , a real spirit and togetherness and everybody from the technical area to the subs were all on the same page , everyone bought in to Val and his methods .

We look a shadow of that right now .
    Schopp supposedly had a fall out with Benson last week which is why he wasn’t in the squad

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast