+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Schopp stays in the dugout at half time

Following managers who have been successful in a post is a very tricky situation. In football and In business. It doesn’t always follow the Terry Wogan/Ken Bruce model. I’ve taken over from managers in business who were lauded, and successful… and found that the methods they employed weren’t as ethical, or honest as I’d like to work with, and the colleagues not as willing to work hard to achieve a “step higher” as they were “comfy” in their shoes and rewards.

I’ve a feeling that this guy thought it was going to be a “Shoe in” for a years success with the 8 players sticking around, and that a tweak “here and there” would see a top six finish and a big money move like his two predecessors……..
    NOT going to happen.

Mr Shopp will have to work hard………. Its the Championship. Success because you are an Austrian/German isn’t guaranteed.sitting in the dug out at half time when you should be motivating isn’t my idea if a manager.

Friend of mine went to the big hotel on the motorway roundabout at Brighouse a few weeks ago overnight Friday. Around 1200 he was in the restaurant area amd there was ALMIGHTY Shouting coming from a conference area…… The “Almighty” shouting was in a language other than English.
    asked what the noise was he was told it was the Huddersfield Town team, and the manager was tearing them a strip off “BEFORE THE GAME “

They won. And the next three on the trot.

And ours can’t be ar$ed to give them a pep talk at 1-0 down.
    Shocking.
    He won’t be here long. Unless it’s part of the plan to alienate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Following managers who have been successful in a post is a very tricky situation. In football and In business. It doesn’t always follow the Terry Wogan/Ken Bruce model. I’ve taken over from managers in business who were lauded, and successful… and found that the methods they employed weren’t as ethical, or honest as I’d like to work with, and the colleagues not as willing to work hard to achieve a “step higher” as they were “comfy” in their shoes and rewards.

I’ve a feeling that this guy thought it was going to be a “Shoe in” for a years success with the 8 players sticking around, and that a tweak “here and there” would see a top six finish and a big money move like his two predecessors……..
    NOT going to happen.

Mr Shopp will have to work hard………. Its the Championship. Success because you are an Austrian/German isn’t guaranteed.sitting in the dug out at half time when you should be motivating isn’t my idea if a manager.

Friend of mine went to the big hotel on the motorway roundabout at Brighouse a few weeks ago overnight Friday. Around 1200 he was in the restaurant area amd there was ALMIGHTY Shouting coming from a conference area…… The “Almighty” shouting was in a language other than English.
    asked what the noise was he was told it was the Huddersfield Town team, and the manager was tearing them a strip off “BEFORE THE GAME “

They won. And the next three on the trot.

And ours can’t be ar$ed to give them a pep talk at 1-0 down.
    Shocking.
    He won’t be here long. Unless it’s part of the plan to alienate.
    There's sumat not reight down theear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    There's sumat not reight down theear.
    A wo just abart to say same thing Ponte.

THE KNIVES ARE OUT THEN.

Can someone please substantiate these reports I’m very interested to know.

Ifollow: Not a mention.
    Quest: Not a mention.
    Chronicle: Not a mention.
    Sky Sports: Not a mention.
    Radio Sheffield: Not a mention.

Yet on here it seems to be signed sealed and delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A wo just abart to say same thing Ponte.
    I thought I'd get in there first . Joking aside. The appointment of Schopp never sat reight with me. His CV had the alarm bells you referred to with Morais.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    THE KNIVES ARE OUT THEN.

Can someone please substantiate these reports I’m very interested to know.

Ifollow: Not a mention.
    Quest: Not a mention.
    Chronicle: Not a mention.
    Sky Sports: Not a mention.
    Radio Sheffield: Not a mention.

Yet on here it seems to be signed sealed and delivered.
    When you have a sh1te head coach that invariably happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    When you have a sh1te head coach that invariably happens.
    I’ll reserve my judgement on the Head Coach after 20 games.

Substantiated reports I’m finding difficult to find.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    I’ll reserve my judgement on the Head Coach after 20 games.

Substantiated reports I’m finding difficult to find.
    We might be down by then.

Me voy a España mañana por 3 meses, muy esperado de hecho, será muy interesante ver si él está a cargo cuando regrese para el juego de West Brom jajaja.

Estaré atento a los informes sustanciales sobre el problema de "Dug Out" junto con el progreso del hombre, si lo hay, mientras disfruto de mi San Miguel habitual y, por supuesto, obedezco las Reglas de Covid.

Translated:

Off to Spain tomorrow for 3 months, long awaited indeed, it will be very interesting to see if he’s in charge when I get back for the West Brom game lol.

I’ll be looking out for substantial reports on the “Dug Out” issue along with the mans progress, if any, while enjoying my regular San Miguel’s and obeying the Covid Rules of course.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast