+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Bournemouth experience.

My Bournemouth experience.

Decided to tick Bournemouth off the grounds I'd yet to visit,done around 106/7 now.
    Pleasant journey down with my wife ,son and granddaughter.
    First impressions of Bournemouth were very favourable. We had a drink on a beach tapas bar ,sun beating down ,it was glorious.*****ity stadium is well out of town and a bit of a pain to get to.We parked in the members car park and on trying to pay the steward said it's alright.He'd took his vizzy off so I don't think he was bothered.Saved us a tenner anway.
    On to the match. In general I've got to say Bournemouth were superior in every department,they'll absolutely walk the league.Apart from the obvious Premiership quality they work very hard and actually press really high up the pitch similar to what we did last year.They closed us down everywhere on the pitch.Another difference with Bournemouth on what I saw was whenever we showed any attacking threat we were chopped down before anything developed.The foul on Williams was a disgrace and had that been in the Premiership he would definitely been sent off.I hope Williams is alright but I fear another layoff for him.
    So no complaints from me the better team deserved to win and we move on.I'll leave judgement until I see the full compliment of players available.Anderson,Morris, Benson,Williams etc are big misses for us plus Oblaure and Vita still to play yet.
    Gomas will become a fans favourite he played well considering the control the opponents had.A bit harder to judge was Leya his first contact was to be kicked in the air but he never hid and competed well.
    Last edited by bill46; 12-09-2021 at 12:14 PM.

The tapas bar looks to be the highlight Bill .

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Decided to tick Bournemouth off the grounds I'd yet to visit,done around 106/7 now.
    Pleasant journey down with my wife ,son and granddaughter.
    First impressions of Bournemouth were very favourable. We had a drink on a beach tapas bar ,sun beating down ,it was glorious.*****ity stadium is well out of town and a bit of a pain to get to.We parked in the members car park and on trying to pay the steward said it's alright.He'd took his vizzy off so I don't think he was bothered.Saved us a tenner anway.
    On to the match. In general I've got to say Bournemouth were superior in every department,they'll absolutely walk the league.Apart from the obvious Premiership quality they work very hard and actually press really high up the pitch similar to what we did last year.They closed us down everywhere on the pitch.Another difference with Bournemouth on what I saw was whenever we showed any attacking threat we were chopped down before anything developed.The foul on Williams was a disgrace and had that been in the Premiership he would definitely been sent off.I hope Williams is alright but I fear another layoff for him.
    So no complaints from me the better team deserved to win and we move on.I'll leave judgement until I see the full compliment of players available.Anderson,Morris, Benson,Williams etc are big misses for us plus Oblaure and Vita still to play yet.
    Gomas will become a fans favourite he played well considering the control the opponents had.A bit harder to judge was Leya his first contact was to be kicked in the air but he never hid and competed well.
    Thing is mate,if he gets sent off could be a different game.av seen challenge and no doubt about it he has to go.think were gonna take some boot this yr,everybody still thinks as they did in 80s,if hes a good young player boot em up in air they'll not want ball.

Hats off to all who spent ten hours travelling there and back in a day to watch that sh1te.

Are you down there as part of a South Coast break Bill ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The tapas bar looks to be the highlight Bill .
    On what I saw I think I could well spend a week down there instead of basically a day trip.
    Somehow Stoke city on a Wednesday night doesn't sound as appealing. Such is life as a football supporter.

Are you going stoke bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    Are you going stoke bill.
    Think so,it depends what time my son gets done at work.

Stoke-v-Barnsley main match on Sky Championship Wednesday. 7-45 KO

That's me sorted. Fire on, feet up, single malt next to chair.

Hats off to all that travel

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Think so,it depends what time my son gets done at work.
    Niceone mate,i went to there old ground wen wi played em in cup wen currie played for us,3.3 reight game,coopers winner at oakwell, god bless him.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Stoke-v-Barnsley main match on Sky Championship Wednesday. 7-45 KO

That's me sorted. Fire on, feet up, single malt next to chair.

Hats off to all that travel
    Tha might need a treble sb.👍

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast