+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My Bournemouth experience.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My Bournemouth experience.

Decided to tick Bournemouth off the grounds I'd yet to visit,done around 106/7 now.
    Pleasant journey down with my wife ,son and granddaughter.
    First impressions of Bournemouth were very favourable. We had a drink on a beach tapas bar ,sun beating down ,it was glorious.*****ity stadium is well out of town and a bit of a pain to get to.We parked in the members car park and on trying to pay the steward said it's alright.He'd took his vizzy off so I don't think he was bothered.Saved us a tenner anway.
    On to the match. In general I've got to say Bournemouth were superior in every department,they'll absolutely walk the league.Apart from the obvious Premiership quality they work very hard and actually press really high up the pitch similar to what we did last year.They closed us down everywhere on the pitch.Another difference with Bournemouth on what I saw was whenever we showed any attacking threat we were chopped down before anything developed.The foul on Williams was a disgrace and had that been in the Premiership he would definitely been sent off.I hope Williams is alright but I fear another layoff for him.
    So no complaints from me the better team deserved to win and we move on.I'll leave judgement until I see the full compliment of players available.Anderson,Morris, Benson,Williams etc are big misses for us plus Oblaure and Vita still to play yet.
    Gomas will become a fans favourite he played well considering the control the opponents had.A bit harder to judge was Leya his first contact was to be kicked in the air but he never hid and competed well.
    Last edited by bill46; 12-09-2021 at 12:14 PM.