+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aberdeen - 24h on

Aberdeen - 24h on

Motherwell fans are getting used to Saturday night celebrations - that's three in a row. - External Link

We won't be celebrating next Saturday night, I can guarantee that right now.

Handsome_Devil you won’t be celebrating when we get a draw ����

Not on Saturday I won't be...

Next Saturday can wait !

That win against The Sheep was by no means pretty. Clearly GA's MO is to load the park with big athletic lads and try for a goal on the break, or via corners and free kicks. Worked brilliantly yesterday. And, from minute 30 to 94 I've never been as comfortable for years that we wouldn't concede a goal. The addition of the 2 Scandinavians in the defence has been a masterstroke thus far. No airs or graces, they just clear the ball and look very good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    Next Saturday can wait !

That win against The Sheep was by no means pretty. Clearly GA's MO is to load the park with big athletic lads and try for a goal on the break, or via corners and free kicks. Worked brilliantly yesterday. And, from minute 30 to 94 I've never been as comfortable for years that we wouldn't concede a goal. The addition of the 2 Scandinavians in the defence has been a masterstroke thus far. No airs or graces, they just clear the ball and look very good at it.
    Agreed. I couldn't discern much of a pattern or a plan in the matches at the start of the season, but I'm beginning to see what's going on. Nobody tries anything spectacular - apart from Grimmy's Ronaldo simulations and KVV's keepy - uppy - they just set about the task in hand. I don't foresee us playing a lot of flowing football, but nether will many of our opponents if we can keep being as stuffy as we were on Saturday. We're pleased with our start to the season; in fact we deserved something from the Hibs game and could have brought home three points from Perth. We're sound down the spine of the team, and that's a great place to start from.

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    Handsome_Devil you won’t be celebrating when we get a draw ����
    Handsome_Devil hope you enjoy the rest of today mate

As originally said, wasn't celebrating on Saturday...

Will have a beer with sportscene later mind. I could only half watch live and it looked like we were rewarded with a slice of luck for keeping at it. Happy day.

TBH we were splendid. Watt had a stonewall pen turned down, and their 'goal' was so blatantly offside questions must be asked of the Line-o and Ref. But (as is the norm), they won't be asked !!??

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    TBH we were splendid. Watt had a stonewall pen turned down
    As did they tbh, and I'm still not convinced I'd have given ours either after seeing it from all the angles.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)