+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vaccinating Kids Over 12.

Many professionals will be of the view that one reason for kids to be vaccinated is so the economy does not shut down again!

OK for vaccine passports to be scrapped and nightclubs/raves and festivals to be going full pelt all of which will be full of individuals who haven’t been jabbed!

Never agreed with the MMR for kids as it’s linked to autism but ok many will say there are huge benefits. The MMR though was the cheap option!

Everyone to their own with whatever they decide. Me - more chance of catching Covid at Preston than from one child😂

Where did I suggest that I'm a scientist Al'? Where did I suggest kids should have the Oxford jab? I'll tell you where. No where. Booooooo .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Where did I suggest that I'm a scientist Al'? Where did I suggest kids should have the Oxford jab? I'll tell you where. No where. Booooooo .

You didn’t and never suggested you did with kids having the Oxford! Whether somebody is
    in the SAS it’s irrelevant as almost every child should be extremely fit - that’s if parents are looking after them and not giving them crap! So can’t see why 12-15 year olds need vaccinating
    - where’s the data? How many deaths in this age bracket? What are the known risks when child bodies are still growing?

PS - school disruptions mean the economy could shut down again. Ah - here’s the reason! FFS - don’t shut down nightclubs/raves before child vaccinations unless deaths go back up to 1000 a day😭

Booooooo

Wtf are you on about now 😊😊😊 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Wtf are you on about now 😊😊😊 ?

You what? Need a shot of something before the match starts - red wine

Benefits to the young are marginal at best, can still catch and transmit whether jabbed or not, whether asymptomatic or not, there is no need to close schools, that's a red herring. Zero benefit - no need to lock down, the NHS has winter pressures every winter - there are press articles every single year on this.

There are 2 unknowns here - the safety profile of the jab in youngsters on their long term health, the risks to them of the virus IS known. The 2nd unknown is whether flu will be especially virulent after last winter when there wasn't much of it about due to social distancing - if that threatens to overwhelm the NHS then whether the kids are jabbed or not will be of little relevance.

So folks - if you're eligible, get a flu jab for free and if you're not & you want one then they're just £8 from Morrison,s Pharmacy (other providers are available, although usually pricier).

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Benefits to the young are marginal at best, can still catch and transmit whether jabbed or not, whether asymptomatic or not, there is no need to close schools, that's a red herring. Zero benefit - no need to lock down, the NHS has winter pressures every winter - there are press articles every single year on this.

There are 2 unknowns here - the safety profile of the jab in youngsters on their long term health, the risks to them of the virus IS known. The 2nd unknown is whether flu will be especially virulent after last winter when there wasn't much of it about due to social distancing - if that threatens to overwhelm the NHS then whether the kids are jabbed or not will be of little relevance.

So folks - if you're eligible, get a flu jab for free and if you're not & you want one then they're just £8 from Morrison,s Pharmacy (other providers are available, although usually pricier).
    Completely understand the reservations re the vaccination of kids. At the same time I appreciate calls for wider vaccination.

Agree 100% with everything else. Flu could be a biggy this year. Here's hoping the strains we're inoculated for are the correct ones.

I'll be having mine along with a Covid booster if offered. Crikey, I'm going to end up with more pricks in me than Villa Park at this rate. Stay safe 😊 .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)