+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Josh Brownhill

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    Well, lets be brutal about Dyche then. GIVEN HIS STYLE OF PLAY AND TACTICAL AWARENESS ,WHICH CLUB BIGGER THAN BURNLEY OR SOME OTHER LOWER PREMIER TEAM IS GOING TO HAVE HIM??? ANY TAKERS?
    Good point Dave the fans of the prospective club would revolt.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I still
    Don’t think he’s staying Sinkov ,
    As soon as he gets a better offer I'm sure he'll be off army, it seems a long time coming though, and he does himself no favours trying to keep BFC in the PL on no money, he's just making a rod for his own back.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    Well, lets be brutal about Dyche then. GIVEN HIS STYLE OF PLAY AND TACTICAL AWARENESS ,WHICH CLUB BIGGER THAN BURNLEY OR SOME OTHER LOWER PREMIER TEAM IS GOING TO HAVE HIM??? ANY TAKERS?
    You can't be serious Dave, Colin is on something like his 16th League club, I could be wrong with that number, so many clubs have employed him it's hard to count them, and he never lasts long at any of them because he's not that good at his job. But Sean Dyche, who has won two promotions to the PL, and kept Burnley in it, including two top ten finishes and qualification for Europe, while 15 other managers have taken their clubs down, and all on next to no money, couldn't find another club ?

And don't get me started on the Wally with the Brolly, he'd gone through about 9 clubs before his luck ran out.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You can't be serious Dave, Colin is on something like his 16th League club, I could be wrong with that number, so many clubs have employed him it's hard to count them, and he never lasts long at any of them because he's not that good at his job. But Sean Dyche, who has won two promotions to the PL, and kept Burnley in it, including two top ten finishes and qualification for Europe, while 15 other managers have taken their clubs down, and all on next to no money, couldn't find another club ?

And don't get me started on the Wally with the Brolly, he'd gone through about 9 clubs before his luck ran out.
    sinkov ---spot on once again, however, I know that you are well aware of the fact that many Burnley fans think that we should be playing like Barcelona, who aren't that brilliant these days anyway. The reality is that Sean Dyche is a proud man who has worked miracles with the tools at his disposal and he owes Burnley FC absolutely nothing, however, he will keep trying to keep us in this stupid rat race.
    Dyche's tactical awareness is far better than he is given credit for and it is his choice that he is still managing Burnley because his project is only partially completed.

It's apparent to me and most of the EPL managers that all the opposition have to do is stay in the game and on the hour mark start running at the Burnley back four from the centre circle in open play.

Game over! It's basic, but it works every time. For the life in me, I can't see why Dyche can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It's apparent to me and most of the EPL managers that all the opposition have to do is stay in the game and on the hour mark start running at the Burnley back four from the centre circle in open play.

Game over! It's basic, but it works every time. For the life in me, I can't see why Dyche can't see it.
    Exactly BT a change of shape and formation does us every time and I can name countless times going back over the years where we’ve got done with it when we should have reacted al l with Dyche in charge.

Now I’ve posted this before I’m certainly not a Dyche hater and I fully appreciate what he’s done and achieved at our club, as sub says he owes us nothing and he’s right he doesn’t.

Here’s the however , in all that time many many games on Monday we got turned over the same way , and you could argue that he hasn’t had the players at his disposal to change things but over many years that’s arguable - we all recognise the problems today with the ageing squad and rigid formation.

My question is simple why can we not go to a five in midfield when the opposition make the changes even for a short period just to stop
    Them gaining momentum.

I’m with BT on this I watch from the stands and I and many around me can see our failings but the management team apparently can not.

Every other person employed in a job knows what’s right ,wrong acceptable or not and I appreciate we’re not privy to what’s said Tuesday morning.

Really my point is what do we do all week at training ?

Balan bless him, asks the same question after every goal we concede army88.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)