+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Championship table and form teams

The Championship table and form teams

Its still early days of course as all the teams have played 6 games, but the runners and riders are taking shape already and theres one or two shocks near the bottom of the table as well.
    West Brom and Fulham both lost their run of 4 straight wins at the weekend but they are still in the top 2. And the next 4 teams in the Play off places all have at least 3 wins out of the last 5 games.
    Lower down both Sheff Ure and Blackpool both gained their first wins and Hull haven't won in 5 games now!.
    The biggest shocks for me so far are both Swansea and Reading struggling either side of the drop zone.
    And surely Chris Hughton is on borrowed time now at bottom of the table Notts Florist, with just 1 draw and 5 losses!.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table
    Last edited by Acido; 13-09-2021 at 08:36 PM.

Many teams are in false positions Acido.

For instance Barnsley are as high as 17th.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Many teams are in false positions Acido.

For instance Barnsley are as high as 17th.
    I fancy us for drop this season. Weak as piss in midfield and up front. Forest will get their act together as will Swansea and Reading.

If there's any justice then Derby and Reading will drop this season. Basket case clubs both of em. Unfortunately there's rarely any justice in football. Good to see Coventry doing well.

If we'd ad held out against q.p.r, we'd av been on 8pts and it would av looked totally different.we need a good performance tmoz.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    If we'd ad held out against q.p.r, we'd av been on 8pts and it would av looked totally different.we need a good performance tmoz.
    I agree. I'd take another 2-2 if offered now as long as it wasn't a throw away.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    Annif Coventry ed scooared their last minute penalty we'd be on 4pts and in the relegation zone. Fine margins.

As said previously - the club isn’t ready for the start of this season.
    We have a list of players that have been brought in but they are still not yet up to speed - while others are out injured.
    Other than the target striker position we have a much stronger squad this season- so as the season progresses we will get stronger.
    But IMO this slow start could cost us dearly in the shape of having a successful season.

In saying that - we only became successful last season after Christmas when Morris and Dike were brought in.
    So there’s time yet.

One thing I have been thinking about recently in relation to this slow start - is that by the end of the season all the new crop of players such as Leya, Obbi and Benson will have had more or less a full season in the Championship and will hit the ground running next season……. great !!!

……. BUT …. how many of the already established players will only have a year left on their contract by next summer ???
    Because I can’t see a situation occurring at the club again like we saw with Mowatt - allowing his contract to wind down.

If players have only a year left next summer and they won’t sign another contract then they will be sold - and I agree with that.
    In other words - there’s been an upheaval at the club at the start of this season much of it surrounding the players - and this unfortunately could be repeated again at the start of next season.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 14-09-2021 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Annif Coventry ed scooared their last minute penalty we'd be on 4pts and in the relegation zone. Fine margins.
    Both down to us,we coceded down to our defending,we saved a penalty down to our goalkeeping.

At some point ? The board lover's will realise , there is nothing for the fans to get excited about , this lot are taking the real fans for a ride , them that back them ? Are in for a shock " shallow minds " ! Forza di reds , NG SHEFFULD ,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast