+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesus, you gotta be kidding me...

It would help a lot though if EPL referees did not get a dose of myopia every time we should be awarded a penalty.

How the f*ck that assault on Tarkowski was not a penalty, only God knows.

One comment SD did make is that they are trying to make up for the lack of investment over the past couple of years. I have some sympathy with that. However, Benitez picked up Townsend on a free and Gray for £1.7 million. Were we in for them? SD keeps justifying his selections by citing their “experience”. Where was that “experience” that left Keane unmarked for the first, did not bring down Townsend for the second (take one for the team) and lose the ball high up the pitch for the third, leaving us exposed. Apparently, this game was lost through “six minutes of madness”. Perhaps at U18 level that is an excuse! Not at PL level from “experienced” PL players who according to SD have enough quality to stay up. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It would help a lot though if EPL referees did not get a dose of myopia every time we should be awarded a penalty.

How the f*ck that assault on Tarkowski was not a penalty, only God knows.
    I agree BT. The whole situation is ridiculous. There are 4 officials actually at the ground - eight pairs of eyes - and VAR. I don’t know how many cameras are used for that, yet no one saw the rugby tackle in the box! Unbelievable.

On Sky it was suggested that it was not given because Tarks was not in a scoring position! Since when does that make it not a foul? Presumably we could have brought down Townsend who was not in a scoring position without it being a foul?
    The officials last night were poor, to say the least. To be objective, Tarks took out Richarlison and could have caused serious injury. No booking. Townsend barely touched McNeil or Taylor and was booked.

We need a Joey Barton in midfield. Snap! Crackle! Pop!

It’s not just Brownhill and Westwood I honestly can’t understand why Barnes starts, it’s embarrassing how he has limited skills and constantly throws himself to the floor, gets up and screams at a totally uninterested referee, granted his touch for Brownhill to miss an absolute sitter was good, please Sean give one of the younger players a chance surely they can’t be any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Apparently, this game was lost through “six minutes of madness”. Perhaps at U18 level that is an excuse! Not at PL level from “experienced” PL players who according to SD have enough quality to stay up. Really?
    So did we lose because Dyche is tactically inept, or because our players aren't good enough ? I suspect it's more down to the latter, and it's been the case for a couple of seasons now. We all know this, it's been discussed over and over again on here, it's nothing new. Anything Dyche does or doesn't do with this bunch of PL mediocrities, will be no more use than re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic would have been,

He is long past his sell by date for the PL Miked together with Lowton, Westwood, Bardsley, Lennon and JayRod.
    Others like Brownhill, JBG and Vydra are simply not PL quality.
    Oldest team in the PL and with the least quality.It is a recipe for disaster.In every match so far the team has run out of gas after 60 minutes.The lack of investment by the previous owners together with the sale to potless Pace & Co.has come back to bite us.
    I bet Cornet was sat on the bench thinking WTF have I come here for?
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 14-09-2021 at 09:42 AM.

You beat me to it CiB.

Sinkov has a good grasp of French I was going to email him and ask him to translate for Maxwel, "WTF have I come here for?"

You beat me to it CiB.

Sinkov has a good grasp of French I was going to email him and ask him to translate for Maxwel, "WTF have I come here for?"
    Can you imagine what was going through his mind when he was not in the first team and then saw Lennon going instead of him?
    Pretty demoralising I would think.I have a feeling he will already be regretting his decision after watching that last night.

You beat me to it CiB.

There is no literal translation. For WTF, the French would say “putain de merde”.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)