+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man City....

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    No way we will sell this season but if he continues to play well and we stay up a bid of over 120 mill in the close season would be hard for the club to say no to as they could but 5 or 6 top quality players for that and transform the squad all over the pitch.

Maybe Radz is tapping up a rich billionaire to invest further though.
    We have rich Americans at the club but they don't seem to be ones that put their hands in the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    It's just talking about an article no one is saying he is going to.
    No kidding? I'm fully aware of that. Just stating like others my thoughts "if" it was to proceed. 🙄

We are in that rut with a bunch of same like clubs who get cherry picked once a player rises to the top, just like we would and to a degree do when we look under us at rising ‘stars’.

Always gonna happen with Phillips at some point but this to me is sloppy journalism putting the wooden spoon in. Rusty start to season this stupid red card etc. Right where a bunch of em like LEEDS.
    Assholes…

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    We are in that rut with a bunch of same like clubs who get cherry picked once a player rises to the top, just like we would and to a degree do when we look under us at rising ‘stars’.

Always gonna happen with Phillips at some point but this to me is sloppy journalism putting the wooden spoon in. Rusty start to season this stupid red card etc. Right where a bunch of em like LEEDS.
    Assholes…
    We need to get this season over with George and make sure we are still in the Premiership.

Then we can expand ER up to the 55/60 thousand mark and attack the greedy 6 with all guns blazing

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    We need to get this season over with George and make sure we are still in the Premiership.

Then we can expand ER up to the 55/60 thousand mark and attack the greedy 6 with all guns blazing

Agree there mate, gonna be a battle this season but I have the faith

Next 5 games should deliver 9 points min hopefully

Oh the Rev still has faith George me old pal its just those 16yrs out of the bigtime turned me in to a worrying misery ass

The stadium expansion would be great. However, I think the real key to the next step is to find an owner with more money than sense. Russian mobster money, arab oil money and croney capitalists with juicy government protection make life much easier than actually earning it from fan ticket sales.

I think scum got lucky in that the glazers bought in cheap and timed it well. They are also publicly traded and gotten some nice money from that. They also had a brilliant coach and win or else locker room mindset. This all occurred when the prem was still at it's expanding stage. it's a much more mature marketplace now and much harder to make that step to the top level than 20 or 10 years ago. The corruption at the FA also focuses on status quo. Like wrestling on TV or political elections in many countries they know who they want to succeed before the year begins and work toward that goal.

Someone had posted the other day on home grown improvement like the Leicester model. That's likely the best plan for us. it does mean the sale of crown jewels like Phillips to free the money to load up the roster (Villa this year) and Leicester in the past.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)