+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Calvin Ramsay

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Ramsay and McKenna would be ideal at the tattie howking.
    Calvin burying big boulders in the dreels at piece-time to **** up the digger/elevator and offer respite from the back-breaking toil, Scott driving the tractor as “one of the bigger loons” and destroying everybody’s piece denner and Thermos flasks as he took the turn at the end of the dreels too widely.

Rite of passage.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    He still looks like he should be wearing a boiler suit, a Harbro baseball cap, and piloting a New Holland tractor, throwing mud all over the A947 though.
    Also this.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Picking tatties should be compulsory for all secondary school pupils.
    Never did that. But did help my mate & His Dad in a digger de-stone a field once. When i was about 14.

Jings !! Fair earned my 2/6d !!!

Never had to do any of that stuff because I’m not a teuchter but the hardest shift I ever did was loft insulation. Vaguely remember sitting out on the roof, chain smoking in tears. One of those times that you wish you’d stuck in at school.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Calvin burying big boulders in the dreels at piece-time to **** up the digger/elevator and offer respite from the back-breaking toil, Scott driving the tractor as “one of the bigger loons” and destroying everybody’s piece denner and Thermos flasks as he took the turn at the end of the dreels too widely.

Rite of passage.

You north-east boys had it easy. We had to dig them out by hand with a graip in the NW, (tractors only made it to Wester Ross in the early 90s).

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Never had to do any of that stuff because I’m not a teuchter but the hardest shift I ever did was loft insulation. Vaguely remember sitting out on the roof, chain smoking in tears. One of those times that you wish you’d stuck in at school.
    I'm sure I have told this story before but it's worth repeating because of the stupidity.

15 years old and always looking for a place to shag the blonde.
    We lived in Dyce at the time, place was full of half built hooses.
    In a half built loft.

"Oh look" says a young donsdaft "this stuff looks comfortable."

A true gentleman I was as I unrolled the fibre glass loft insulation for her to lie down on*

* no fancy stuff. " on your back woman"

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    A target for Everton according to The Sun.
    After being priced out of a move for the hun right back they believe they can get Ramsay for a "fraction" of the price the hun would cost.
    F uck off Benitez
    5/4 is a fraction isn't it? That sounds about the right relative price to me

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Picking tatties should be compulsory for all secondary school pupils.
    All I can remember apart from the the back pain, was some foreman shouting 'move 'at skull 24 paces'. Young Ramsay should be worth at least a couple of hundred skulls - by the end of the season. That should buy a few more defensive midfielders.

Picking tatties was bad enough.
    Skulling was sheer hell.

Not that I ever did it but I remember their swagger earlier in the day turning to pain as the afternoon wore on.

Never picked tatties, but did gig crew work ... michty ... that wis a ****in work oot! ... maist times, managed fine tho ... til the last ane Ah did ... buildin the stage for Lionel Richie at the AECC .... holy fk! ... next day Ah wis briused fae shooders tae shins .... and had tae go humph gear again up an' doon a fkn spiral staircase at Fraser Castle ... an play a gig in atween! .... nivver again!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast