+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Too many poor performances out there today. Mowatt had his first stinker, constantly hitting poor deliveries and odd balls. I don't blame Hugill, he had absolutely nothing put into him. Pointless putting money on a top striker if we can't even put the ball towards them in the box.

On a positive note which there aren't many, their goalie had a stormer and we really should have had a goal or two. Diangana looked much better out on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    It says everything when all of our chances fall to defenders!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Not blaming the manager, it’s the fools who are in charge of the club, the only question I would ask is why take off our best finisher in Robinson for the non goal scoring Hugill who has been crap everywhere he’s been

Exactly Bomber! The club is a complete shambles. Robinson and Grant though were crap! Puzzles me with Robinson as he’s so inconsistent!

Livermore is shocking!! My 12 year old could spot the fact - had a Okay or Gallagher been there instead of Livermore and a decent striker purchased we would be laughing!

Why not Morton as you say or Tulluch?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Teams have sussed us out in the sense we can’t put the ball in the net. At least five crosses were on the ground - not in the air!! Furlong had a shot on the ground and all he had to do was hit the target!

The cross from Snodgrass sums up the lack of quality!!! Blame the Board - not the manager!!
    I did say that we only looked dangerous when the ball was on the deck so I am agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    It says everything when all of our chances fall to defenders!
    Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    Too many poor performances out there today. Mowatt had his first stinker, constantly hitting poor deliveries and odd balls. I don't blame Hugill, he had absolutely nothing put into him. Pointless putting money on a top striker if we can't even put the ball towards them in the box.

On a positive note which there aren't many, their goalie had a stormer and we really should have had a goal or two. Diangana looked much better out on the left.

Diangana was excellent and Reach played well. We had enough crosses in the air and on the ground though Matt and nobody of any quality could get on the end of them. I agree though the Derby keeper was excellent as was Judas Davies!

The trouble with Diangana is that there is never any end result, i.e. a goal. I had to smile before the match when the Sky pundits were praising the quality in Albion’s squad! Mind you, they are all fools.

Diangana has good feet but he’s too lightweight for the c/mid role, easily crowded out or pushed off the ball. He has more space out wide. Unfortunately I don’t think we have anyone as creative to play that role.

Reality is we probably over-performed for first four games. Also the win over PBoro was a last minute 1-0 - we have only scored 2 goals in three games. This is a competitive league and bottom can beat top - see Blackpool v Fulham.

For me the problem stems from not investing in the summer and we are starting to see we will reap what we sow. We got rid of half the team which finished next to bottom of the Prem. OK some were wasters but one we let go was our best player and a few could have been useful in the Champ. Then we pick up freebies and loans some of who are no better than the ones we let go. Then we don’t invest a penny in quality transfers- despite massive savings on the wage bill, transfer money from sales and Parachute payments. Unless we get lucky or Val performs miracles .... we are a mid-table Championship side ..... now who once said that ....

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
    Reality is we probably over-performed for first four games. Also the win over PBoro was a last minute 1-0 - we have only scored 2 goals in three games. This is a competitive league and bottom can beat top - see Blackpool v Fulham.

For me the problem stems from not investing in the summer and we are starting to see we will reap what we sow. We got rid of half the team which finished next to bottom of the Prem. OK some were wasters but one we let go was our best player and a few could have been useful in the Champ. Then we pick up freebies and loans some of who are no better than the ones we let go. Then we don’t invest a penny in quality transfers- despite massive savings on the wage bill, transfer money from sales and Parachute payments. Unless we get lucky or Val performs miracles .... we are a mid-table Championship side ..... now who once said that ....

As Mick said - We needed to keep Yoksulu and Diagne as well, those two would’ve been immense in this division.

We are not mid table championship as this league is weaker than its ever been. There are three contenders in my view despite our squad being the worst ever - WBA - Fulham and Bournemouth.

That said - best excitement in years even though squad is poor which is why i am looking forward to Preston with the other 3500 expected......

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)