+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: v the Fun (h)

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    definite upgrade, laddies solid
    told ya On a slightly different not I am a wee bit dubious on our flying finn. maybe he doesnt like 20 foot punts over his head mind you lol so still time

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    told ya On a slightly different not I am a wee bit dubious on our flying finn. maybe he doesnt like 20 foot punts over his head mind you lol so still time
    He showed more against St Mirren than he did yesterday. The plan of making the Dundee centre halves deal with the ball at their feet (and holy **** are they the worst defence in the league for having the ball at feet or what?) didn't suit him, but I'm sure over the next month we will see him come on

Quote Originally Posted by Kdyteejay2 View Post
    The Blackpool Tower was immense yesterday. Him and Mulgrew earned us those 2 extra points.
    Those two are something special. Four goals conceded in six games when we've played the Huns, Hearts, the Sheep & the derby is some stat! Or even better, we've only conceded in one game since moving to four at the back. What a pairing! Yesterday was nothing short of sensational from both of them. Mulgrew is definitely the new Webster. Not an ounce of pace but he just knows where to be and what to do. A great footballing brain. That tackle on Sheridan was a match winner. And Edwards, well he's been solid for the best part of a year for us now and is getting better every game. Two match winning blocks from the big man yesterday. He's a powerhouse in our own box when it comes to dealing with crosses and also a major threat at set pieces at the other end. Those two at the back with Siegrist behind and Fuchs in front really does give us a solid spine to build from.

Didn't have the greatest game yesterday but our tactics were f*cking awful for the most part. Lumping high balls for 45mins did no one any favours. Liked the way he was helping Smith through the game at times yesterday though. Really took on the experienced pro role with the young lad.

I still think we are trying to "not be the sh#test" outta the rest of the bottom half teams. Pretty comfortable with this...we are definitely a work in progress! Our lack of goal threat was sadly obvious at the start of the season but hopefully, once the new signings get up to speed...we might start to improve in this dept. The defence is looking much better and as long as we ain't losing cheap goals..we will have the opportunity to steal points.
    It's gonna be a long hard season, but I am happy to be in our position rather than the funs!
    Hopefully...we will already be looking forward to the January window with a striker in mind and not looking at losing Benji, Fuchs or Edwards!
    It was very much a beautiful Sunday yesterday!

Mulgrew, Edwards and McMann are loving it always talking to each other laughing and working like feck. Yup we are sh!te cant wait until chalmers and meekison are back as they will give us another dimension. Im in no way blinkered that i feel we will be battling to stay away from the lower reaches. But we are double the points i predicted so far. Long may that continue.

Also if we stay up i am looking forward too replacing the derby with Arbroath

Despite it not being a fire drill after 50 minutes - The fundee exit at 93 minutes has been commended by the fire safety advice centre and will be used in all government inductions as an example of blindly ignoring what is going on around you, indeed refusing to accept its true, head down and snake out and straight to bed. Its like a thing of beauty to be honest the choreography - better than winning a trophy i bet. I suppose they have had decades of practice mind you but still impressive stuff.

Even more impressive when you can blatantly ignore the 100th time of saying we are gonna murder you, big team sleeping giants no more, id rather have claud wittington than a trophy, DABS and fvck jim mclean.

Its quite entertaining (no its comedy gold) - Hope, reality, bed - repeat, bed, repeat, hide, get beat, lose hope, be brave, be abusive, be dundee (abusive), repeat, mention the wittington chappie again, forget things - 26million things, boo the cvnt mclean, say you dont care, sleep, win nothing and repeat again - until you die. I enjoyed that yesterday but i enjoyed winning our first 3 trophies at the greyhound track too, saw another couple and europe too. I didnt enjoy being relegated but it was a relief as it was happening. I enjoy the fact that is your biggest claim to fame since 73. hehe

As for DFC Thomsons, BBC (well their pundits) , Pithullaboo fae the scotsman and McPoke - either pity them or laugh. Im still laughing.

Hate the derbies as the build up is - well turgid, one sided, pathetic and hollow. Doesnt matter what we do or win to some. Who invades the pitch a 1-0? well it was 0-0 lol, the derry pitch invasions, booing cvnts, ootdoor, stay press, ironed jeans, tully, tache, crass, big team too.

I didnt think I cared about Dundee. Im obsessed. Obsessed with laughter. Must calm down but want to write a 100 things that make me laugh.

SRYB

stay in bed next time you hvn rejects (of course you will as its boycott time surely )
    Last edited by Shedboy1971; 20-09-2021 at 10:39 AM.

Despite it not being a fire drill after 50 minutes - The fundee exit at 93 minutes has been commended by the fire safety advice centre and will be used in all government inductions as an example of blindly ignoring what is going on around you, indeed refusing to accept its true, head down and snake out and straight to bed. Its like a thing of beauty to be honest the choreography - better than winning a trophy i bet. I suppose they have had decades of practice mind you but still impressive stuff.

Even more impressive when you can blatantly ignore the 100th time of saying we are gonna murder you, big team sleeping giants no more, id rather have claud wittington than a trophy, DABS and fvck jim mclean.

Its quite entertaining (no its comedy gold) - Hope, reality, bed - repeat, bed, repeat, hide, get beat, lose hope, be brave, be abusive, be dundee (abusive), repeat, mention the wittington chappie again, forget things - 26million things, boo the cvnt mclean, say you dont care, sleep, win nothing and repeat again - until you die. I enjoyed that yesterday but i enjoyed winning our first 3 trophies at the greyhound track too, saw another couple and europe too. I didnt enjoy being relegated but it was a relief as it was happening. I enjoy the fact that is your biggest claim to fame since 73. hehe

As for DFC Thomsons, BBC (well their pundits) , Pithullaboo fae the scotsman and McPoke - either pity them or laugh. Im still laughing.

Hate the derbies as the build up is - well turgid, one sided, pathetic and hollow. Doesnt matter what we do or win to some. Who invades the pitch a 1-0? well it was 0-0 lol, the derry pitch invasions, booing cvnts, ootdoor, stay press, ironed jeans, tully, tache, crass, big team too.

I didnt think I cared about Dundee. Im obsessed. Obsessed with laughter. Must calm down but want to write a 100 things that make me laugh.

SRYB

stay in bed next time you hvn rejects (of course you will as its boycott time surely )
    Haha

Excellent stuff

SRYB and FTD , always.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Those two are something special. Four goals conceded in six games when we've played the Huns, Hearts, the Sheep & the derby is some stat! Or even better, we've only conceded in one game since moving to four at the back. What a pairing! Yesterday was nothing short of sensational from both of them. Mulgrew is definitely the new Webster. Not an ounce of pace but he just knows where to be and what to do. A great footballing brain. That tackle on Sheridan was a match winner. And Edwards, well he's been solid for the best part of a year for us now and is getting better every game.
    Well said, totally agree. Impressive stuff from this pairing. And impressed with our new left back also, solid and tough.

Also…Fuchs, what a player he is

Fuchs is amazing. He's a wee terrier, snapping at heels, going in for & winning challenges he has no right to win. He's astonishing. And if all else fails there's the wee diving header & we've won the ball again. I love him!
    And Charlie Mulgrew - take a bow son. Brilliant signing, well done the management.

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)