+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: v the Fun (h)

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    i think their fans are very confident and up for this one and that has shot them in the foot numerous times before.

On paper they have the better attack and we have the better defence. Midfield i would say we shade it with Fuchs in there.

FWIW I dont think we have 2 goals in us in 90 mins, so to win it would be a 1-0 which i think everyone would be delighted with anyway.

Game will be tight, i do think they will score tho so I will predict 1-1

We haven't failed to score in a Derby since 2004, I can't see us not scoring atleast one in this

It's one of those, don't fear anyone in this league, cliché can go either way, they have decent strikers on paper, both teams have decent keepers, imo we should be able to win the midfield if our players turn up

Will be more confident with Liam Smith and Edwards available

They have to win sometime as they aren't as bad as no wins suggest but at same time more pressure on them imo, we are usually seen as favourites going in and they get to come in as underdogs but as they haven't won and we will remain above them regardless of result I think there has to be pressure across the road, a win for us and that's a big gap so early, a win kickstarts them and knocks us but both teams have the quick turn around in the cup

Score draw

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Anyway - Siegrist or Carson? What's everyone's thoughts if Benji is fit?

Carson, on form

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Anyway - Siegrist or Carson? What's everyone's thoughts if Benji is fit?
    Carson for this one,he's an actual back up keeper who isn't happy playing number 2 and has earned his place in the starting line up. Benji is class but he might not be quite up to scratch yet and we can't afford any liabilities on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Carson for this one,he's an actual back up keeper who isn't happy playing number 2 and has earned his place in the starting line up. Benji is class but he might not be quite up to scratch yet and we can't afford any liabilities on Sunday.
    Agreed it must be Carson for this one.

Decision then to be made for week after

We don’t score many but nature of derby may mean there will be chances

We should have won against St Mirren with good chances created,but it didn't happen. Then when Carson got a shot totally blootered at him with nearly no reaction time, he put it over the bar, which helped us get the point.

He deserves his place. I'm sure Benji would be disappointed but, won't expect to go straight back in after some steady performances.

Then again, some managers play their best players any time they are available.

I'm not to fussed either way, both are really good keepers.

I see they’re right getting their knickers in a twist over the unveiling of Jum’s statue and the minute’s applause on Sunday.

Pleasing.

Phuck knows how they’ll react when this happens at half time then.

Last edited by JamesMcClean; 17-09-2021 at 05:55 PM.

see wee doddsy won manager of the month, maybe the fun shouldn't have taken him with McKintyre

Seemingly they got flag with pic of Jim McLean getting the finger at end Roma game with some s**t written on it

Quote Originally Posted by Dave63 View Post
    Seemingly they got flag with pic of Jim McLean getting the finger at end Roma game with some s**t written on it
    Sounds about their level, bunch of rabid frothy mouthed ****s. All being well they will all be tucked up in bed Sunday tea time 😂

Booing a dead man in front of his widow? Class, total class. Doesn't matter what has happened, the guy's wife will be there and you're gonna stand and boo? Saying that, they're known for it. Their whole existence has been 90 percent booing.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)