+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: v the Fun (h)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave63 View Post
    Seemingly they got flag with pic of Jim McLean getting the finger at end Roma game with some s**t written on it
    Forever in our shadow

Smith out, Edwards likely to play

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Smith out, Edwards likely to play

That's a blow, wondering who we will use on the right to compensate

The last time i can remember a Funster manager having as much media coverage pre derby as McPoke this week has to be for the league cup final or Scottish cup semi at Tynecastle.
    Charlie is never aff Twitter and the Dee official twitter feed has went into meltdoon apparently,i am very pleased that we have went very very low key going into this game.
    Although i agree with them that they have the better strikers i do not rate their fullbacks or midfield minus Adam,are Clark or McNulty good enough to score against their defence?,i would say yes they are but we need to be careful with their centre half Ashcroft(i think) who scores fairly often from corners.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    That's a blow, wondering who we will use on the right to compensate
    Better Smith than Edwards, having Edwards at the heart of the defence is a big positive IMO.

Fuchs has played right back for Cameroon. But IMO he'd be wasted there compared with what he does for us in the middle of the park.

Time to give Freeman his chance if he is fit. I'm sure he would love to play and put a marker down for more involvement in the 1st team.

Smith is decent at this level IMO, and he is part of a fairly settled defence. I like Liam Smith. But it would be to the benefit of the squad if we had a serious competitor for that position.

If not now then when?

#play Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by Dave63 View Post
    Seemingly they got flag with pic of Jim McLean getting the finger at end Roma game with some s**t written on it
    Classy aren't they.

Let's shut their collective pus!

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The last time i can remember a Funster manager having as much media coverage pre derby as McPoke this week has to be for the league cup final or Scottish cup semi at Tynecastle.
    Charlie is never aff Twitter and the Dee official twitter feed has went into meltdoon apparently,i am very pleased that we have went very very low key going into this game.
    Although i agree with them that they have the better strikers i do not rate their fullbacks or midfield minus Adam,are Clark or McNulty good enough to score against their defence?,i would say yes they are but we need to be careful with their centre half Ashcroft(i think) who scores fairly often from corners.

As you highlight, I'm more concerned about Ashcroft at set pieces than his defence capability, we have defeated many teams with him playing, likes of Killie and Dunfermline I think with weaker teams than our current one

I agree forwards on paper they have the upper hand no doubt, can't see anywhere else, we are weakened at full back on right side though, both teams have good keepers

If we turn up and match the same effort and desire to win and want it as much as them then not much chance they go away with all 3 pts, if we don't then they have every chance

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    As you highlight, I'm more concerned about Ashcroft at set pieces than his defence capability, we have defeated many teams with him playing, likes of Killie and Dunfermline I think with weaker teams than our current one

I agree forwards on paper they have the upper hand no doubt, can't see anywhere else, we are weakened at full back on right side though, both teams have good keepers

If we turn up and match the same effort and desire to win and want it as much as them then not much chance they go away with all 3 pts, if we don't then they have every chance
    The claud whittingham statue parade in january should be fun.

Nerves starting to come in now. I'll be calm once I'm in the ground and seen the line up.

Some big decisions for Courts to make. Will be interesting to see what our line up is. I thought last week we looked very dangerous in the 433 with the Pawlett and Niskanen on the sides with McNulty up top. I liked the look of that. With Smith and Edwards possibly missing then it concerns me with what effect that can have on the rest of the team. 1 out is workable but if both are then it's a worry.

It has been a very strange build up to this derby. Dundee have never been out the media. "mind games" and bigging themselves up. The media seem to be loving them for some reason. Their fans seem confident as well. It's all very bizarre esp considering the starts both teams have made to the season.

My team would be.

Carson
    Smith Edwards Mulgrew McMann
    Harkes Butcher Fuchs
    Niskanen McNulty Pawlett

If smith is out I would play Freeman. If Edwards is out I would move Butcher back there and bring Levitt in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    It has been a very strange build up to this derby. Dundee have never been out the media. "mind games" and bigging themselves up. The media seem to be loving them for some reason. Their fans seem confident as well. It's all very bizarre esp considering the starts both teams have made to the season. .
    And long may it continue. Over my time supporting United I can think of multiple games where the pre-game build up has been all about Dundee and what they were going to do to United, both in the press and from Funster FC.

The best examples off the top of my head are -

Nov 2019 - Where apparently they were going to ‘avenge’ the 6-2. That worked out well.

Sept 2014 - Where supposedly newly promoted Funster FC were going to rip Utd apart, spearheaded by Philip Roberts going to tear Dillon a ‘new one’ down the flank. Result? 4-1.

Mar 2013 - At Home. Scottish Cup. Russell out. Bomber ‘I Hate Arabs’ Brown manager. Pumped again.

Apr 1987 - Tynecastle. Apparently the Funsters were going to hammer a team comprising Billy Thomson, David Narey, Maurice Malpas, Paul Hegarty, Paul Sturrock, John Holt etc etc. Result?

Listen, we’ve heard it all before. Do as we as we always do - play the game not the ‘noise’. If we do that, then I’m more than hopeful the rest will follow.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 18-09-2021 at 12:19 AM.

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)