+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: v the Fun (h)

McMullan was a key player United in the championship esp under Neilson. He did provide good ammunition for Shankland but he wasn't the only one. Liam Smith was just as good at providing chances for Shankland. Last season, he didn't get much of a chance under Mellon which I wasn't too impressed by as I felt he had something different to the rest of the attacking players at the club at the time.

there is no doubting it, McMullan on his day can be a very good player. Some performances he put in for us were outstanding but like most wingers, they are normally inconsistent. As good as McMullan can be, he can also be useless at times.

My opinion is he is still in his first 6-8months at the club, where he impresses, works hard and is motivated but similar to what he done at united were he was terrific for the first few months of the season then dipped! Neilson came in- same thing happened. Started well then dipped again. He hasn't dipped yet at Dundee. When this happens we will see if their fans and management are still so keen to praise him all the time.

He will certainly be dangerous but we will be able to see very early if he is going to have a good game or an invisible game.

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    FFS you seem to have a very short memory....the vast majority of you lot campaigned to get the man out of your club... you're about 25 years too late with the statue...fkn jokers
    A fun frothing shyte ahead of a derby, has this ever happened before ?
    Peter, his time had come and had to move on but in his prime is how he's remembered, btw you'd do well to remember 1999 when Jim helped stop the signed and agreed amalgamation, he was one of the main reasons why there's still a derby,

Talking of memories, our short term has seen us winning trophies in colour, how's yours on that score?
    Make a joke about that amongst your disrespectful shower

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    McMullan was a key player United in the championship esp under Neilson. He did provide good ammunition for Shankland but he wasn't the only one. Liam Smith was just as good at providing chances for Shankland. Last season, he didn't get much of a chance under Mellon which I wasn't too impressed by as I felt he had something different to the rest of the attacking players at the club at the time.

there is no doubting it, McMullan on his day can be a very good player. Some performances he put in for us were outstanding but like most wingers, they are normally inconsistent. As good as McMullan can be, he can also be useless at times.

My opinion is he is still in his first 6-8months at the club, where he impresses, works hard and is motivated but similar to what he done at united were he was terrific for the first few months of the season then dipped! Neilson came in- same thing happened. Started well then dipped again. He hasn't dipped yet at Dundee. When this happens we will see if their fans and management are still so keen to praise him all the time.

He will certainly be dangerous but we will be able to see very early if he is going to have a good game or an invisible game.
    He is gonna be MOTM its written in the stars and i will follow Pep's advice and applaud him both onto and off the park.

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    Booing a dead man in front of his widow? Class, total class. Doesn't matter what has happened, the guy's wife will be there and you're gonna stand and boo? Saying that, they're known for it. Their whole existence has been 90 percent booing.
    David Goodwillie he does what he wants.

Singing about a players career ending injury.

Thats really classy eh?

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Peter, his time had come and had to move on but in his prime is how he's remembered, btw you'd do well to remember 1999 when Jim helped stop the signed and agreed amalgamation, he was one of the main reasons why there's still a derby,
    That is so far from the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by thegen65 View Post
    Singing about a players career ending injury.
    You mean the completely self inflicted one where John Rankin was extremely fortunate it wasn’t his own career that was finished? That one?

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    A fun frothing shyte ahead of a derby, has this ever happened before ?

Talking of memories, our short term has seen us winning trophies in colour, how's yours on that score?
    Make a joke about that amongst your disrespectful shower
    No frothing shyte from me you lot chased the man out of the club he built for you FACT... can't think of anything more disrespectful than that

I personally don't like this tit for tat stuff going on with the Mclean stuff, the who's the classiest fans etc.

But fans in their majority are brilliant when it comes to derbies! It's what makes it so special but every now and then there will be some idiots (on both sides) who will ruin it.

Whether that's booing, pitch invasions or not so nice songs. Neither team can play the moral high ground. I would rather just enjoy the game with both fans being behaved without turning this into the Glasgow Derby!

I reckon the vast majority of Dees will be respectful! It doen't take a rocket scientist to realise whether you love or hate Dundee united, Jim McLean was pivotal in putting the city if Dundee on the footballing map. The ones that boo are just playing panto.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    You mean the completely self inflicted one where John Rankin was extremely fortunate it wasn’t his own career that was finished? That one?
    Jeezo. The delusion is totally seeping out of you mate.

You keep singing away if it makes you feel better.

Bless.
    Last edited by thegen65; 18-09-2021 at 09:56 AM. Reason: typo

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)