+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: v the Fun (h)

v the Fun (h)

Well here we go, Derby week. A sold out Tannadice.

If Liam Smith and Ryan Edwards recover in time I'm pretty confident we won't lose. Without them I'm not so confident.

We need to start taking our chances when they come, and if we do I think 3 points is there for us. Big opportunity for Niskanen to shine and McNulty to be a hero. Can Ian Harkes find a raker!

If all fit, and assuming Benji isn't quite ready I would go unchanged

Carson
    Smith Edwards Mulgrew McGann
    Fuchs Butcher
    Harkes Pawlett Niskanen
    McNulty

Headscratchers if Smith and Edwards are ruled out, eg is Freeman fit? If so I think he could do a decent job, loves to get forward.

Big chance to put them closer to the bottom and cement our decent start so far.

C'mon United 🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡 (6)

I don't think we should fear a team that hasn't won a game all season, if we had the start Dundee have had then people would be demanding a sacking.

If Edwards doesn't make it, at least we have options. Connolly, Reynolds, Smith, Neilson can all come in, so the choice is experience or talent (me personally would go for Smith, but would understand Connolly starting).

Smith would only be a loss if Freeman isn't available. Fuchs has played right back before in his career, I was surprised he didn't go back there on Saturday, so that's always an additional option.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    I don't think we should fear a team that hasn't won a game all season, if we had the start Dundee have had then people would be demanding a sacking.

If Edwards doesn't make it, at least we have options. Connolly, Reynolds, Smith, Neilson can all come in, so the choice is experience or talent (me personally would go for Smith, but would understand Connolly starting).

Smith would only be a loss if Freeman isn't available. Fuchs has played right back before in his career, I was surprised he didn't go back there on Saturday, so that's always an additional option.
    Can only imagine Freeman was carrying an injury if not on the bench through there. Strange to see Harkes asked to fill in when Liam went off but we got away with it. But if neither is available for Sunday that would be a blow.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I definitely predict that D(F)C Thomson’s will be all week predicting for big Funster wins, there will be loads of pished up middle age bitter Funsters bouncing about pre game offering square go’s to anyone of a Tangerine perspective, scarf twirling to Discoland will be the order of the day followed by a final prediction of the most mentalist mental Derry Rhuma EVER before the match.

Then the actual game itself kicks off and no doubt will then follow the usual pattern……………..
    How long before the first pitch invasion?

I definitely predict that D(F)C Thomson’s will be all week predicting for big Funster wins, there will be loads of pished up middle age bitter Funsters bouncing about pre game offering square go’s to anyone of a Tangerine perspective, scarf twirling to Discoland will be the order of the day followed by a final prediction of the most mentalist mental Derry Rhumba EVER before the match.

Then the actual game itself kicks off and no doubt will then follow the usual pattern……………..😆😆😆

If they win the toss it could be rhumba carnage - again 😂

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I definitely predict that D(F)C Thomson’s will be all week predicting for big Funster wins, there will be loads of pished up middle age bitter Funsters bouncing about pre game offering square go’s to anyone of a Tangerine perspective, scarf twirling to Discoland will be the order of the day followed by a final prediction of the most mentalist mental Derry Rhumba EVER before the match.

Then the actual game itself kicks off and no doubt will then follow the usual pattern……………..������
    They already are. The desperation in the reporting is very pleasing. Edwards i hope is ok big player if freeman fit then he can slot in. Smith has had a scan on foot. Worry about fracture. Think its just bruising but that 16 year old should have been off for that.

Smile

Already been done at Ayr, after a win on pens.

You lads are way ahead of the game there.

i think their fans are very confident and up for this one and that has shot them in the foot numerous times before.

On paper they have the better attack and we have the better defence. Midfield i would say we shade it with Fuchs in there.

FWIW I dont think we have 2 goals in us in 90 mins, so to win it would be a 1-0 which i think everyone would be delighted with anyway.

Game will be tight, i do think they will score tho so I will predict 1-1

Their fans are up for this. Its a Derby can go either way at times. If they come out all guns blazing and mental as usual we will win it. It will raise our game, if they dont could be a drab 1-1 or 0-0 tbh or 1-0 2-1 for them (i still feel there is an attitude issue in the team at times). So hear is for them going mental from the off!

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)