+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It wasn't good enough - Warne

It wasn't good enough - Warne

Speaking after Saturdays poor 4-2 defeat to the hands of Fleetwood, Paul Warne gave his thoughts. - External Link

Make it right tonight. You owe it to the supporters.

Sorry Paul but that for me is a poor response, blaming the opposition for slowing the game down, even though they did, and using that as an excuse to say that it made us slow down and walk to take throw ins, when we do that ALL the time in every game anyway regardless.
    If we get a throw in that is at least half way inside our opponents half, then it's as though it has to be thrown long into the box, and similar with free kicks, so we are NEVER looking for a quick free kick or quick throw to try and catch them out, and that is so frustrating, however, on to Lincoln tonight, and team selection will be interesting. UTM

4-5-1.And a good use of subs.A point would be good.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 14-09-2021 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Sorry Paul but that for me is a poor response, blaming the opposition for slowing the game down, even though they did, and using that as an excuse to say that it made us slow down and walk to take throw ins, when we do that ALL the time in every game anyway regardless.
    If we get a throw in that is at least half way inside our opponents half, then it's as though it has to be thrown long into the box, and similar with free kicks, so we are NEVER looking for a quick free kick or quick throw to try and catch them out, and that is so frustrating, however, on to Lincoln tonight, and team selection will be interesting. UTM
    Thats why I was still pissed off, just stupid to come up with that excuse instead of maybe pointing out he might have got it wrong aswell

You’ll hear me a few times at match shouting when we snail pace with throw ins and goal kicks sometimes could get a move on.

Every game Warney 🤬

It's about time PW took responsibility for his own failings

Big game tonight. Let's see a reaction and get us back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Thats why I was still pissed off, just stupid to come up with that excuse instead of maybe pointing out he might have got it wrong aswell

You’ll hear me a few times at match shouting when we snail pace with throw ins and goal kicks sometimes could get a move on.

Every game Warney 🤬
    Correct topsy, it really is frustrating. UTM

Warne says, he hopes we have have learnt some lessons, from the
    Fleetwood game.
    Hopefully he has learnt a lesson, from bad decisions, tactics & use
    of substitutes.

Depends how you view this but, played 6 and won 3 drawn 3 so at least he’s consistent.

50% win rate isn’t all that bad after so few games.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast