+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Matchday thread WBA away

Matchday thread WBA away

My chrystal ball is flashing neon with a stonking defeat, anywhere between 3-0 to 6-0, you takes your pick!

I will go for 5

Seen the team news
    Why ???????????

not sure I understand your problem Eddie, or maybe Im looking at the wrong line up

I got our nil right but who needs a chrystal ball for that??
    Still, one unexpected point puts us nearer to a positive points haul after the Beasts from the EFL have swallowed their share!

A bit shocked we got a point but perhaps deserved on pure fight and bottle
    More surprised at WBA what f***in tactic do you call that, surprised they are top
    Their manager seems a right a**e
    oh and I wish the use of towels gets banned, just annoying, can't see what it has to do with playing football its just a unfair advantage for the home team if you have someone who can throw it long, its like someone changing their boots to take a penalty

WBA play the long ball game mostly. Leaving out 2 lightweight but talented midfielders players in a game where the MF was always going to see the ball flting over their heads was a logical thought that worked. Knight in for Bird to add bite idem ditto. Williams inclusion was a master stroke.

The plan worked and on the many times the defences were breached, there was the rock called Roos to save the day. No faffing about with 3 yard goal kicks. Just gerrit upfield and hope. It worked. Best 4 outfield players were Jags, Curt, Lee B and Williams. One friend commented to me in a post match chat that Roos punched too much. He generally does but last night there was possibly one occasion where he might have caught rather than punch. For me he was the reason we walked away with a point. They had 9 shots on arget, 7 of which required good saves. My MOTM.

Not a pretty game bu a long chalk but the "negative" tactics were the right ones to employ IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    WBA play the long ball game mostly. Leaving out 2 lightweight but talented midfielders players in a game where the MF was always going to see the ball flting over their heads was a logical thought that worked. Knight in for Bird to add bite idem ditto. Williams inclusion was a master stroke.

The plan worked and on the many times the defences were breached, there was the rock called Roos to save the day. No faffing about with 3 yard goal kicks. Just gerrit upfield and hope. It worked. Best 4 outfield players were Jags, Curt, Lee B and Williams. One friend commented to me in a post match chat that Roos punched too much. He generally does but last night there was possibly one occasion where he might have caught rather than punch. For me he was the reason we walked away with a point. They had 9 shots on arget, 7 of which required good saves. My MOTM.

Not a pretty game bu a long chalk but the "negative" tactics were the right ones to employ IMO.
    Agree on that inc MOM/MOTM (Swale can decide that nuance). I love that sort of game, they appeared in a different league to us skill wise but the team definitely put a shift in. Williams nearly cost us at the end, saved by Roos

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)