+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoke v Barnsley match thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    what a player though..
    Got to be in anybodys top 5 fat blokes that played.
    Mark Viduka, John Hartson, Neil Shipperley, Emile Heskey and Neil Ruddock.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    what a player though..
    Got to be in anybodys top 5 fat blokes that played.
    Jan was brilliant !!!
    And when Marcus said we needed experience in centre midfield - straight away I thought of this fella.
    His distribution was a joy to watch.
    Thing is tho - would he survive in the modern game ???
    Would today’s super fit footballers give him time and space.
    I doubt it.

That’s the reason I much prefer Benson to Mowatt.
    OK - Benson hasn’t yet got the experience and leadership of Mowatt - but that will come in time.
    Plus Benson has the same passing ability - and he’s a yard quicker than Mowatt ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The rotund Jan Molby ran the game without leaving the centre circle when he was at Barnsley. It's wots in thi eead that matters. Running abart like a headless chicken chasing a hoofball is so last year.
    It just shows how people’s opinions differ, I thought he was in the top 3 worse players I’ve ever seen in a Barnsley shirt and that includes Toby Tyke.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    It just shows how people’s opinions differ, I thought he was in the top 3 worse players I’ve ever seen in a Barnsley shirt and that includes Toby Tyke.
    Agreed Doggy. At the time we signed him I was buzzing. However, it was pretty obvious from his debut against Derby and the games that followed, that although the obese Dane was clearly very experienced and very knowledgeable, a terrific player in his day, there was clearly nowt left in the tank at championship level. Redders was carrying him doing all his running for him which was of detriment to Redders game who was, at the time, hitting his peak .

You have to ask the question why Molby wasn't signed permanently by Danny Wilson if he was mekkin a difference in our midfield. The fact is he was well past it and out of shape. Redders couldn't do the running of 2 men for another 30 odd games.
    After his brief spell at Oakwell he went to Swansea City who were, at the time a 4th division club and on their arses. I'm almost certain we could've offered him a better deal than them.

For the best in the end. Respect for his achievements in football though. A very cultured and intelligent player.

As for toneets game, I expect a loss. Probably more of what happened on Setdy at Bournemouth. An injury and suspended hit Barnsley team with not many game changing options off the bench. This is the championship though. Hope I'm med to eat mi words.

Well I hope I shoot myself in the foot here? But having seen the team it says to me Schloppy hasn't a clue! Gomes on the bench and he sticks Britain in midfield, Sibbick wing back with Halme and Moon either side of Helik.
    Woodrow keeps his place? How bad does he have to be to get dropped? Leya Iseka partnering him behind Frieser.
    Propper hammering coming tonight!

I just don't understand what he's doing with that line up .

Hope I'm wrong but the team looks a disaster awaiting to happen .

Four players couldn’t stop a simple cross!

Styles in no mans land drifting inside, deflection of Helix which bounces well to Sturridge 0-1

Well well well .....Woodrow

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast