+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoke v Barnsley match thoughts

Much better! Gomes will be a good signing when he adapts to needing to be a bit quicker…. And at least we know Hondermark has some feyting spirit. Brad Collins……. What a performance!

I thought we battled well in the second half given the side we had out.
    We showed some passion and fight

Absolutely wide open all night down both flanks .

Forget the fecking point that was absolutely shyte .

I cannot even tell you how angry I am to witness that after the professionalism and organisation of last season .

It’s been obvious to me for a long time that we haven’t any quality full backs and I’m sure the rest of the championship have noticed it as well so we’re going to see a lot of teams attacking us down the wings.

Just ask yourselves over the last two season's plus 7 games how many championship teams have you seen come to Oakwell who were so naive , unorganised and open as we were tonight .

Collins has had the game of his life tonight and it's unlikely he'll ever have as good a one if he plays till he's fifty .

I look for for progress at a club and in to our third championship season and to witness that kind of naivety is simply astonishing .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Absolutely wide open all night down both flanks .

Forget the fecking point that was absolutely shyte .

I cannot even tell you how angry I am to witness that after the professionalism and organisation of last season .
    last season Animal towards the end we were being found out and without trawling back I’m sure you said it more than once. ( I’m not ever gonna do that anyway). We have to change and be less predictable and play the same way everyone said ……..and it isn’t gonna happen overnight. Teams had already sussed the way to beat the press towards the end.

Now,
    It WAS shyte, (especially first half) but some of the early Stendel and Struber era was too. And we all thought we were “doomed” early on. We all celebrated the great escape and Promotion, yet had forgotten the early days.

Get a fully fit squad out and we can judge better.
    I get your frustration, that wasn’t pleasant watching, but we’ve been here before…..

Agree that we were wide open down the flanks. Sibbick should not have been playing RWB.
    Styles should have been playing LWB but was in central midfield most of the game.
    Brittain isn't a central midfielder. Gomes grew into the game when he came on.
    Collins MOTM, Helik played well, Woodrow played well. Our senior players stepped up.
    The players should passion and fight, but if we are being kind were at times naive.
    As for the coach, I do not understand why he persists with 3 4 3 given the number of players out injured and also that when appointed in his early interviews he indicated that we wouldn't be playing that system.
    We should have gone 3 5 2 tonight, and put Brittain at RWB and told Styles to stay at LWB

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    last season Animal towards the end we were being found out and without trawling back I’m sure you said it more than once. ( I’m not ever gonna do that anyway). We have to change and be less predictable and play the same way everyone said ……..and it isn’t gonna happen overnight. Teams had already sussed the way to beat the press towards the end.

Now,
    It WAS shyte, (especially first half) but some of the early Stendel and Struber era was too. And we all thought we were “doomed” early on. We all celebrated the great escape and Promotion, yet had forgotten the early days.

Get a fully fit squad out and we can judge better.
    I get your frustration, that wasn’t pleasant watching, but we’ve been here before…..
    I'm talking about our organisation and proper team status Jules rather than the style of football .

We've gone backwards in my opinion .

Stoke win that game 4-1as they would have done on another night and this board agrees with me .

The draw apparently changes everything but it doesn't with me .

We've gone from well drilled , organised to a fecking shambles because this clown of a HC ain't a clue .

He's destroying us.

Collins , Sibbick , Helik , Styles , Brittain , Palmer , Woodrow , Freiser all started tonight and were very much part of the team who finished 5th last season .

We look like Stendel's lambs to the slaughter group of two years ago .

First aif I was very unhappy. Exposed time and time again darn the flanks. No pressing from our front 3 either. Midfield were non existent. Worst game I've seen Palmer have. Shyte and half hearted from most of the lads. No intensity, no bollox either in that first aif barring Collins, Woodrow and Brittain. Highlight was the magnificent free kick from Cauley. Brilliant goal and Woodrow edda good game in all fairness.

Second aif Collins was immense. 3 brilliant saves. However, we showed a lot more feight in that second aif as a team. We nicked a point against an aif decent team who will be top 12. We were fortunate tonight. Let's not be unrealistic.

The system is offering us moments going forwards but we need to capitalise. Frieser made some great runs but couldn't trap a bag of cement tonight.

Defensively we looked a real mess. I know we have injured players and a suspended defender but that defensive line was embarrassing at times.

We can't laik with wing backs so high up if your attacking players aren't gonna press with the same vigour and intensity that we showed last season because you will be picked off and exposed. I've mentioned this before on another thread and I stick with it. Any opposing manager will see these weaknesses and exploit them. We got away with it thanks to the brilliant Collins tonight. Delighted with a hard earned point.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm talking about our organisation and proper team status Jules rather than the style of football .

We've gone backwards in my opinion .

Stoke win that game 4-1as they would have done on another night and this board agrees with me .

The draw apparently changes everything but it doesn't with me .

We've gone from well drilled , organised to a fecking shambles because this clown of a HC ain't a clue .

He's destroying us.

Collins , Sibbick , Helik , Styles , Brittain , Palmer , Woodrow , Freiser all started tonight and were very much part of the team who finished 5th last season .

We look like Stendel's lambs to the slaughter group of two years ago .
    I’m happy with a point. Not with how it was gained. That’s MY rationale.

Too many poor performers tonight, and a starting line up with massive questions as to why….. and as I said, it didn’t look like any plan in the first half. . This season was NEVER gonna be a step on from last, never. We got found out, and huffing and puffing with a long ball to the recently discovered diamond was never going to happen again this season. Last season happens ONCE for teams ( Leicester as an example….). Best we can do is survive this season and get the new lads up to speed for next. Going to be a bumpy ride.
    I expect a quick appointment if we are bottom 6 at Christmas.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast