+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Stoke v Barnsley match thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Think tha being harsh. Don't let your dislike for the head coach impact upon your views. We've big influential players missing last night, Benson, Morris and Mads, arguably the spine of the team.

There's things I'm not happy with too but it's still early days. It's difficult acclimatising after Val and his cavalier style but we weren't always organised and well drilled under him either. Rotherham and Coventry pyssed on us, proper made us look rank. We scraped past Birmingham and Millwall. Wednesday did a number on us at Oakwell and the tactics in the play offs against a side that had comfortably done the double over us were baffling to say the least.

This new passing strategy is the best way forward imo but it takes time. The players may also need convincing after the win rate under the previous head coach. It needs tweak or 2 but we ain't that far off. The head coach is still feeling his way. He needs a big personality to wash the Ismael culture out of this club. I hope he's given time to do so.
    I don't dislike him Pass and your right the passing game is the way forward .

I just don't think he's a very good HC , simple as that .

He was left with a very good squad coming off the back of a 5th place finish .

This isn't Stendel handing the baton to Struber to say the least .

In a matter of 7 games he's destroyed everything that was achieved last season and replaced it with Barnsley football club September / October 2019 .

It's a remarkable feat .

There isn't anyone else to point the finger at because the nucleus of last season's squad is still here .

I'm harsh because the situation speaks for itself after the shyte show last night , it was embarrassing .

Anybody would think he'd had 14 new and inexperienced players to get up to championship speed whilst losing the nucleus of last season's lads .

He's a poor HC in my opinion and it's going to take a huge transformation for me to move from my position .

Ok Marcus does have 'just a few games in' and 'absent players' as well as valid excuses, at the moment. So I suppose it is a case of giving him that long.
    That's fine but there have to be questions asked as to some of his ideas so far.

Also, seeing as we were so lucky again last night, should we be having a go at Vic for not snatching a win when he had the chance ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 16-09-2021 at 05:25 PM.

I'm not a knee jerk reaction kind of person , I've watched this club and football for over 54 years .

I thought Danny Wilson and Morais were poor appointments and I was called everything from a pig to a dog because I went against the tide on this board .

I'm calling this appointment too because he's doing a bad job .

Sibbick at right wing back ?

The very position that just about destroyed this kid when he first arrived in 2019 .

Brittain in central midfield ?

Never was and never will be a central midfield player .

The team last night was

----------- Collins ------

Sibbick ---- Helik ---- Halme --

Brittain -- Palmer -- Gomes -- Styles

---------------- Woodrow ----------

Freiser ---------------------- Iseka --------

No need to feck about putting square pegs in round holes .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I don't dislike him Pass and your right the passing game is the way forward .

I just don't think he's a very good HC , simple as that .

He was left with a very good squad coming off the back of a 5th place finish .

This isn't Stendel handing the baton to Struber to say the least .

In a matter of 7 games he's destroyed everything that was achieved last season and replaced it with Barnsley football club September / October 2019 .

It's a remarkable feat .

There isn't anyone else to point the finger at because the nucleus of last season's squad is still here .

I'm harsh because the situation speaks for itself after the shyte show last night , it was embarrassing .

Anybody would think he'd had 14 new and inexperienced players to get up to championship speed whilst losing the nucleus of last season's lads .

He's a poor HC in my opinion and it's going to take a huge transformation for me to move from my position .
    Slightly misworded by me Animal saying you don't like him. To correct myself I meant that your criticism is slightly over the top considering we are so early into the season. I see your point but think it's exaggerated. We are not in September/October 2019 territory here and have not gone backwards that far imo. There is some naivety in certain aspects of our play which is worrying but there have also been passages of play in the games I've seen that have impressed very much.

We have gone backwards from last season but that was always going to be the case with the loss of Dike, Mowatt and Sollbauer. The head coach and his coaching staff also departing and our change in style from a long ball team to a passing team. The suspension and injury list hasn't helped matters either this season. I'd like to see what we are like with a fully fit squad. Schopp should be given more time imo. We don't know a great deal about him. Our start hasn't been great but hasn't been disastrous either.

I'm of mixed emotion on what to feel with my first impressions o Schopp. Confused is probably the most apt word I can find to describe my emotions at the moment. Tha may well be proved reight with your opinions or it could go other rooard too. We shall see mate.

Up the reds !!!

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Up the reds !!!
    A reckon thaz bin on St Michael's Poggy. Can't fault thi 👍

How many of us were annoyed when Russell Howard (Cauley Woodrow's twin brother lol) showed that he was going to shoot from that free kick. It looked way too far out and going on his current form, I expected him to slice it up high and wide into row X.

And I will admit he/Cauley showed a captains role by trying to stop the scrapping, although he looked like he was enjoying it actually lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    How many of us were annoyed when Russell Howard (Cauley Woodrow's twin brother lol) showed that he was going to shoot from that free kick. It looked way too far out and going on his current form, I expected him to slice it up high and wide into row X.

And I will admit he/Cauley showed a captains role by trying to stop the scrapping, although he looked like he was enjoying it actually lol.

I weren't annoyed when Woodrow stepped up mate, his goals record speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I weren't annoyed when Woodrow stepped up mate, his goals record speaks for itself.
    Yes but not from long range free kicks, where when its that far out you need to catch a 189 bus from Normy to get all the way to goal.

Anyway here is our updated record against Stoke, I didn't know we both have 21 league wins against each other.

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/hea...&team2_id=2477

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yes but not from long range free kicks, where when its that far out you need to catch a 189 bus from Normy to get all the way to goal.

Anyway here is our updated record against Stoke, I didn't know we both have 21 league wins against each other.

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/hea...&team2_id=2477
    Well he's been behind Mowatt in the pecking order on free kicks to be fair but Cauley has had a few long range strikes from open play in his time here. I remember his 25 yarder at West Brom and a belter against Brentford and Charlton. He's a good ball striker. His goal at Swansea in the play offs proved that

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast