+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoke v Barnsley match thoughts

Stoke v Barnsley match thoughts

Another tough championship away day against a Stoke side who have started the season impressively .

Pretty hard to envisage anything other than a comfortable Stoke win right now but we said that against QPR recently and played very well for an hour and this is the championship after all .

Gomes will probably start alongside Palmer in midfield with Styles in at left wing back .

Iseka possibly starting up top with Woodrow and Freiser .

Either way I'm looking for a far better performance and attitude than the Bournemouth debacle last Saturday .

We live in hope .

As long as they show a fighting spirit that will do for me

I can’t see us winning another game until there are more options up front.
    A good start would be to drop Woodrow to the bench to see if that improves things.
    As things stand it wouldn’t make our forward line any less ineffectual.
    I hope I’m wrong.

Sibbick &Woodrow would not be in my starting X1 currently, based on performances to date this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Sibbick &Woodrow would not be in my starting X1 currently, based on performances to date this season.
    I'd have got rid of Sibbick and kept Sollbauer. Form is temporary, class is permanent. As for Woodrow on paper he's our best forward and when on song nobody can touch him but he's been off it for months now. Daftest thing giving him captaincy. Should have been looking to off load him and sign another striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I'd have got rid of Sibbick and kept Sollbauer. Form is temporary, class is permanent. As for Woodrow on paper he's our best forward and when on song nobody can touch him but he's been off it for months now. Daftest thing giving him captaincy. Should have been looking to off load him and sign another striker.
    Only my opinion - at the end of last season I was hoping that 3 players left the club - and yes I know they are or have been fans favourites.
    Those 3 were ….
    Sol
    Mowatt
    Woodrow

And it was all based on their lack of speed.

I’ve always been a fan of Woodrow but I find it hard to defend him this season, he’s shown very little and he couldn’t have any complaints if he was dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Only my opinion - at the end of last season I was hoping that 3 players left the club - and yes I know they are or have been fans favourites.
    Those 3 were ….
    Sol
    Mowatt
    Woodrow

And it was all based on their lack of speed.
    The rotund Jan Molby ran the game without leaving the centre circle when he was at Barnsley. It's wots in thi eead that matters. Running abart like a headless chicken chasing a hoofball is so last year.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The rotund Jan Molby ran the game without leaving the centre circle when he was at Barnsley. It's wots in thi eead that matters. Running abart like a headless chicken chasing a hoofball is so last year.
    Literally. We were found out against Derby and Wednesday at home and Val had no plan B. We shut up shop in the Play-Offs as a consequence. The sh1te football we're enduring now is a direct result of poor planning.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    what a player though..
    Got to be in anybodys top 5 fat blokes that played.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast