+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Stoke v Barnsley match thoughts

I wanted the performance tonight more than the result, especially after the Bournemouth fiasco. And Im pleased to see it was there for a large part of the 2nd half, some players did eventually step up and make the effort.
    Just doing it for about 40 minutes in matches though isn't good enough and that will lead to more heavy defeats eventually. And we won't keep having this luck that we've had so far.
    I would have been ok with this frustrating start if we'd just come up or just stayed up, and didn't know much about this league etc.
    But as its happening straight after a Play off season makes it harder to take, and its like we're a completely different team now.

In a way we HAD to be a different team……. Because they’d all sussed us out. Remember, Some games last season we played cr@p and still won….I was fuming afte Coventry and Luton . But I’m giving them until a few players are back, and maybe 15 games before I think he needs sacking……..(unless he loses to Huddersfield…..)

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm talking about our organisation and proper team status Jules rather than the style of football .

We've gone backwards in my opinion .

Stoke win that game 4-1as they would have done on another night and this board agrees with me .

The draw apparently changes everything but it doesn't with me .

We've gone from well drilled , organised to a fecking shambles because this clown of a HC ain't a clue .

He's destroying us.

Collins , Sibbick , Helik , Styles , Brittain , Palmer , Woodrow , Freiser all started tonight and were very much part of the team who finished 5th last season .

We look like Stendel's lambs to the slaughter group of two years ago .
    who do you think will replace him if he leaves, it will be another young jonny foreigner no ones ever heard of from Austria.

your beginning to sound like SB

It might have been a good game for your average Joe Punter but that was circus football .

How far we came under Val has now disintegrated in to I haven't a fecking clue Stendel early in the first championship season .

Without Collins we are beaten by four or five .

You simply cannot play like this in the championship .

Total fecking dog shyte with a HC who ain't a clue .

Pretty convinced he's a lemon after that display .

Expect criticism from those simply looking at the point gained and nothing more .
    You've nailed it mate.

I'm talking about our organisation and proper team status Jules rather than the style of football .

We've gone backwards in my opinion .

Stoke win that game 4-1as they would have done on another night and this board agrees with me .

The draw apparently changes everything but it doesn't with me .

We've gone from well drilled , organised to a fecking shambles because this clown of a HC ain't a clue .

He's destroying us.

Collins , Sibbick , Helik , Styles , Brittain , Palmer , Woodrow , Freiser all started tonight and were very much part of the team who finished 5th last season .

We look like Stendel's lambs to the slaughter group of two years ago .

Think tha being harsh. Don't let your dislike for the head coach impact upon your views. We've big influential players missing last night, Benson, Morris and Mads, arguably the spine of the team.

There's things I'm not happy with too but it's still early days. It's difficult acclimatising after Val and his cavalier style but we weren't always organised and well drilled under him either. Rotherham and Coventry pyssed on us, proper made us look rank. We scraped past Birmingham and Millwall. Wednesday did a number on us at Oakwell and the tactics in the play offs against a side that had comfortably done the double over us were baffling to say the least.

This new passing strategy is the best way forward imo but it takes time. The players may also need convincing after the win rate under the previous head coach. It needs tweak or 2 but we ain't that far off. The head coach is still feeling his way. He needs a big personality to wash the Ismael culture out of this club. I hope he's given time to do so.

I may be alone in this (no change there ) but in an odd sort of way I actually enjoyed the game last neet. Far better than the hoofball "tough to watch" stuff served up under Ismael.
    Let's be reyt if your keeper is the MOM it tells thi Stoke should have won. Some of Collins "saves" were the result of him being stationary and the ball hitting him but he was in the way so credit to him. Better finishing would have seen Stoke get 4 or 5. Iseka was still on a five a side pitch with his flicks. Gomez has a lot to learn about what to do on the edge of his own area. Playing against misters he will not be allowed to be the Salford Kante running through everyone.
    Good skirmish at the end. Did one of our staff land a thump on one of theirs and got away with it or was I mistaken ? FA may tekka look. You can see where Kitching gets it from.
    Jury still art on Schopp for me. I have been lucky in terms of watchable entertainment in only seeing the QPR and Stoke games this season because from reading abart the others they seemed sh1te. The full backs positions need sooarting art
    Last edited by SBRed48; 16-09-2021 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I may be alone in this (no change there ) but in an odd sort of way I actually enjoyed the game last neet. Far better than the hoofball "tough to watch" stuff served up under Ismael.
    Let's be reyt if your keeper is the MOM it tells thi Stoke should have won. Some of Collins "saves" were the result of him being stationary and the ball hitting him but he was in the way so credit to him. Better finishing would have seen Stoke get 4 or 5. Iseka was still on a five a side pitch with his flicks. Gomez has a lot to learn about what to do on the edge of his own area. Playing against misters he will not be allowed to be the Salford Kante running through everyone.
    Good skirmish at the end. Did one of our staff land a thump on one of theirs and got away with it or was I mistaken ? FA may tekka look. You can see where Kitching gets it from.
    Jury still art on Schopp for me. I have been lucky in terms of watchable entertainment in only seeing the QPR and Stoke games this season because from reading abart the others they seemed sh1te. The full backs positions need sooarting art
    I thought the skirmish was pretty embarrassing. Grown men unable to show any maturity and should know better. Irony is that some of our players (bairns) were acting as peacemakers which is to their credit. One of our coaches landed a 'slap' rather than a punch let's say which obviously wasn't seen by the officials. The anger and malice in his face as the red mist descended was quite disconcerting I have to say. Thuggish if truth be told.

I expect that the FA will look at it and probably punish him and the club for failing to control our coaching staff. A hefty fine beckons and deservedly so. Stupid. If I lost my rag at work with an awkward customer I'd get the bullet and lose my livelihood. On or beside a football pitch different rules apply it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Think tha being harsh. Don't let your dislike for the head coach impact upon your views. We've big influential players missing last night, Benson, Morris and Mads, arguably the spine of the team.

There's things I'm not happy with too but it's still early days. It's difficult acclimatising after Val and his cavalier style but we weren't always organised and well drilled under him either. Rotherham and Coventry pyssed on us, proper made us look rank. We scraped past Birmingham and Millwall. Wednesday did a number on us at Oakwell and the tactics in the play offs against a side that had comfortably done the double over us were baffling to say the least.

This new passing strategy is the best way forward imo but it takes time. The players may also need convincing after the win rate under the previous head coach. It needs tweak or 2 but we ain't that far off. The head coach is still feeling his way. He needs a big personality to wash the Ismael culture out of this club. I hope he's given time to do so.
    Exactly what I think… put a lot better than I did

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I thought the skirmish was pretty embarrassing. Grown men unable to show any maturity and should know better. Irony is that some of our players (bairns) were acting as peacemakers which is to their credit. One of our coaches landed a 'slap' rather than a punch let's say which obviously wasn't seen by the officials. The anger and malice in his face as the red mist descended was quite disconcerting I have to say. Thuggish if truth be told.

I expect that the FA will look at it and probably punish him and the club for failing to control our coaching staff. A hefty fine beckons and deservedly so. Stupid. If I lost my rag at work with an awkward customer I'd get the bullet and lose my livelihood. On or beside a football pitch different rules apply it seems.
    The way he slapped him made me picture someone going "you slaaag"

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    The way he slapped him made me picture someone going "you slaaag"
    "I've seen you flirting with my Markus you dirty slapper. He's mine. There, take that. Bitch."

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast