+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here Comes The Next Lockdown!

I accept that I'm not a youngster any more but I do feel that night clubs and raves should not be allowed to continue as they have to be the biggest breeding ground for the virus. Booze, drugs, hundreds in confined space and close contact, not a good combination. It would also help if pubs returned to table service plus the wearing of masks in shops etc. As for sporting events, restrict the number of spectators depending on size of venue. None of these are ideal but surely better than a complete lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I accept that I'm not a youngster any more but I do feel that night clubs and raves should not be allowed to continue as they have to be the biggest breeding ground for the virus. Booze, drugs, hundreds in confined space and close contact, not a good combination. It would also help if pubs returned to table service plus the wearing of masks in shops etc. As for sporting events, restrict the number of spectators depending on size of venue. None of these are ideal but surely better than a complete lockdown.
    It’s okay for clubs and raves to be shut down as long as you’re allowed to still go to football then Leicester?

Not acceptable in my opinion.

We’re all in this together so it’s all or nothing in my opinion.

Not much fun being young anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s okay for clubs and raves to be shut down as long as you’re allowed to still go to football then Leicester?

Not acceptable in my opinion.

We’re all in this together so it’s all or nothing in my opinion.

Not much fun being young anymore!

What do you mean? I have lots of fun and would miss the Friday night rave!!

If we have to we have to. I am hearing a lot of seriously ill from week to week. You let a lot of people out, no masks, not bothered folk and cases will go up. That’s what happens. The Government are caught between a rock and a hard place. Have to keep the economy and us safe. Fine margins.

At my granddaughter’s primary school parents and grandparents are asked to wear a mask at kicking out time when they come into the school grounds to collect the little ones.

My wife has been going with my daughter on certain days to do the collection and everyone is complying........except for the majority of Asian families!

What’s all that about!?🤔

At my granddaughter’s primary school parents and grandparents are asked to wear a mask at kicking out time when they come into the school grounds to collect the little ones.

My wife has been going with my daughter on certain days to do the collection and everyone is complying........except for the majority of Asian families!

What’s all that about!?🤔

To be fair the Asians and Jewish parents at my daughters school are in masks. I find more educated people and people in nice towns wear masks than those in not so nice places and Cities. It’s a fact more people in Waitrose and Mark’s & Spencer wear masks than those who are in Asda, Aldi etc.

Bit like the vaccine for 12-15 age range - more professionals such as doctors and pharmacists are against it because they read up on it and know the pitfalls. But the Government don’t listen to anyone even medical governing bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    To be fair the Asians and Jewish parents at my daughters school are in masks. I find more educated people and people in nice towns wear masks than those in not so nice places and Cities. It’s a fact more people in Waitrose and Mark’s & Spencer wear masks than those who are in Asda, Aldi etc.

Bit like the vaccine for 12-15 age range - more professionals such as doctors and pharmacists are against it because they read up on it and know the pitfalls. But the Government don’t listen to anyone even medical governing bodies.
    So very true Al. How educated you are and how much common sense you have is all that matters and sadly this is likely to happen in deprived areas. Not that the school that is in a deprived area, but kids from deprived areas attend schools which are not in deprived areas.

I don’t have a good experience of Dudley, particularly the college I went to briefly and that was down to so many thick chavs going there.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    So very true Al. How educated you are and how much common sense you have is all that matters and sadly this is likely to happen in deprived areas. Not that the school that is in a deprived area, but kids from deprived areas attend schools which are not in deprived areas.

I don’t have a good experience of Dudley, particularly the college I went to briefly and that was down to so many thick chavs going there.

That's somewhat of a sweeping statement Regis given that you don't know where my granddaughter goes to school.

My business might be in Dudley but we don't live even close to Dudley itself and her school is in a very middle-class area.

I get the point that you're both trying to make and I don't disagree in general but that's not the case with her school.

I hate wearing a mask but I'm conforming at literally any place I'm asked to.

That's somewhat of a sweeping statement Regis given that you don't know where my granddaughter goes to school.

My business might be in Dudley but we don't live even close to Dudley itself and her school is in a very middle-class area.

I get the point that you're both trying to make and I don't disagree in general but that's not the case with her school.

I hate wearing a mask but I'm conforming at literally any place I'm asked to.
    Hey Mick, i think I may have got my words a little mixed up and will re attempt to explain my point. When I went to Dudley college, (it was actually a very decent college). However, there always used be gang related fights there. This is going back 22 years ago, but things may have changed a lot since. A lot of pakistani boys would attend the college just for a laugh, these guys would mainly be from the rough areas of tipton. Fights would kick if between indian and pakistanis.
    My point was people from those rough areas going into those good areas to kick off. The school you refer to could be an excellent school but you can get people attending from those rough areas. How true this is i don’t know, Just going by my experience of the college.

People from those rough areas are generally not that bright or well educated, hence lack of courtesy to wear masks etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)