+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here Comes The Next Lockdown!

Here Comes The Next Lockdown!

They’re priming us for it.

They just can’t help themselves now, the power has gone to their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

How weird, I was only just saying the same to the wife. This will only give the anti vaxxers ammunition to say we told you so.
    It has got beyond ridiculous now, no end in sight and what are we all led to believe? It’s building up for it to be all normalised again. Just wtf is going on and why?

Regis it went beyond ridiculous a long time ago, what's interesting is deaths and hospitalisations are much higher than this time last year when no-one was jabbed. I think the Delta variant is significantly more virulent than the original and the number of festivals/sporting events plus the increase in travel have created the situation. The hospitals are coping but there could be problems come the winter with continued full capacity stadiums adding to the guaranteed winter pressures we see each year.

Get the christmas tree up, get the tinsel out and stuff the turkey this weekend. Lets do it early as the clown will probably ban it again

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Your right Mick but meanwhile the beat of the music until 5am in nightclubs and raves continues.

Do we have a large gathering at the races soon or 3000 Spanish supporters coming over? If so it’s time to lock down a month after😭

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Regis it went beyond ridiculous a long time ago, what's interesting is deaths and hospitalisations are much higher than this time last year when no-one was jabbed. I think the Delta variant is significantly more virulent than the original and the number of festivals/sporting events plus the increase in travel have created the situation. The hospitals are coping but there could be problems come the winter with continued full capacity stadiums adding to the guaranteed winter pressures we see each year.
    Agreed WCV. But we knew from last year the calendar of events that usually take place (schools, unis, new football season etc) but this year it’s the delta variant, early this year it was the Kent variant. I know the science saying viruses mutate etc.. as long as these papers are written and shoved in our face we’ll continue to believe them and continue to obey.. this order comes top down and we all eventually conform to everything. For so much disruption and chaos, let alone national debt accumulated we still have not held China to account or shown more of peed off attitude towards them. No blame at all whatsoever.. not to the scale or should be. Don’t any of you you think that is a bit weird? All we are doing is going by WHOs poor investigation and not looking into the gain of function research. Rules are getting relaxed at certain times in the year to enable them to impose the consequential lockdowns again. It does all seem a little planned or plan as they go along. I sound very cynical and like an anti vaxxer.. but you really need to start asking what is really going on. I’ve been doubled jabbed and looking to get the flu jab soon.. as Phil has said, we might as well bring christmas forward this year as you can see what is going to happen.

If cases rise then I could understand calls for a light lockdown, as in working from home where possible.

I would not be in favour of full lockdown measures or the closure of hospitality or sporting events. We've still got lives to lead.

And while I prefer ordering my beers at the bar I'd have no objection at all to the return of table service in my local 😊 .

Remember, keep washing your hands folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    If cases rise then I could understand calls for a light lockdown, as in working from home where possible.

I would not be in favour of full lockdown measures or the closure of hospitality or sporting events. We've still got lives to lead.

And while I prefer ordering my beers at the bar I'd have no objection at all to the return of table service in my local 😊 .

Remember, keep washing your hands folks.

Agreed 68 - as long as my beers keep flowing in the social club at Preston who gives a toss whether its go the bar - hand delivered to the table or served by a buxom blond on a pole

If we assume <16's are not considered adults, there are 6M unvaccinated people in the UK - staggered by this statistic, but.......over 95% of the over 50's are jabbed and your chances of hospitalisation if you're <50 is substantially lower. This should allow modelling of likely hospitalisations in the coming months, the one unknown then being how virulent flu is likely to be - I've not yet heard anything from the Southern Hemisphere as yet, their season comes before ours but lockdowns may have disrupted that.

There'll be serious anger if the hospitals fill up with unvaccinated people thereby denying routine treatments and worsening the backlog.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    If we assume <16's are not considered adults, there are 6M unvaccinated people in the UK - staggered by this statistic, but.......over 95% of the over 50's are jabbed and your chances of hospitalisation if you're <50 is substantially lower. This should allow modelling of likely hospitalisations in the coming months, the one unknown then being how virulent flu is likely to be - I've not yet heard anything from the Southern Hemisphere as yet, their season comes before ours but lockdowns may have disrupted that.

There'll be serious anger if the hospitals fill up with unvaccinated people thereby denying routine treatments and worsening the backlog.
    It was reported in the Press and on tv in Australia towards the end of August that there had been no deaths, and no hospitalisations from flu this year up to that date. At that time they had recorded 435 positive flu tests.

However, the health spokesperson stated that this was down to closed borders both internationally but also internally for most of the winter, as well as heavy reliance upon mask wearing.

They indicated that it is probable that when travel is opened up again that they will be more susceptible to flu then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)