+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Wealdstone 14.09.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Very frustrating to see us playing without intensity again for large parts of the game and not sure if we were a bit complacent. Credit to Wealdstone however who looked a decent side.
    Stone looked a very tidy team. They played some nice stuff at times.

The usual rollercoaster evening at the Lane.
    Far too many downs for me. We seem to lack the tempo so often then bang, we’re off and running again.
    Think the biggest weakness has to be the lack of physicality in the middle. Oh for an old fashioned hard man in the middle to control the game. Without that teams tend to run right through us.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Stone looked a very tidy team. They played some nice stuff at times.
    Also beat us every time for pace..

Dodgy performance but Burchnall’s interviews are bang on. A big collective kick up the arse required before they go out on Saturday.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Also beat us every time for pace..
    Well I think things are going pretty good. We're not destroying teams (so some people are unhappy) but the results are decent so far, and with plenty of room for improvement performance-wise.

What an up and down game. At times we looked irresistible, and at others cumbersome, sloppy and over run.

I thought Wootton was great tonight but Palmer would have been my man of the match. Pretty much everything went through him and he was out on his feet by the final whistle…mainly because he was carrying the rest of the midfield. We can say what what we like about the defence but that’s hardly surprising when the midfield is non existent.

We look good when we press and harass the opposition but when we let them have the ball we are so easy to play through. We didn’t put one meaningful challenge in for their second goal. In fact, I don’t think we put one meaningful challenge in for the 5 minutes prior to their goal. What’s worrying is that it doesn’t look like we have two proper midfielders to come in and help Palmer out. Oh for a midfield three of Bishop, Ravenhill and Palmer!

I’m happy with the win of course, and for ten minutes after the break we looked like we could score 5 or 6, but for the final 30 minutes looked pretty far short of a team capable of challenging the best teams in the division. The frustrating thing for me is that we’ve had the same problem for three years and not sorted it.

Mitchell looked good, glad he got a start….was desperate for him to score!

In all honesty, if we played at the high tempo we did in patches throughout a game it would be a cricket score!

We are such an enigma. At times sublime, fast, deft, abs physical.

Then for large parts slow, ponderous, and turned far too easily.

Highlights for me were Wootton’s all round game, and Robert’s guile. Fair mentions to Palmer who was everywhere and Taylor who worked his socks off.

Worst performance came from Sam, don’t really know how he fits into this side.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I'd like to see Sam get 20mins or so tonight
    😆🤣🤣😂
    Worst cameo from a footballer I think I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    What an up and down game. At times we looked irresistible, and at others cumbersome, sloppy and over run.

I thought Wootton was great tonight but Palmer would have been my man of the match. Pretty much everything went through him and he was out on his feet by the final whistle…mainly because he was carrying the rest of the midfield. We can say what what we like about the defence but that’s hardly surprising when the midfield is non existent.

We look good when we press and harass the opposition but when we let them have the ball we are so easy to play through. We didn’t put one meaningful challenge in for their second goal. In fact, I don’t think we put one meaningful challenge in for the 5 minutes prior to their goal. What’s worrying is that it doesn’t look like we have two proper midfielders to come in and help Palmer out. Oh for a midfield three of Bishop, Ravenhill and Palmer!

I’m happy with the win of course, and for ten minutes after the break we looked like we could score 5 or 6, but for the final 30 minutes looked pretty far short of a team capable of challenging the best teams in the division. The frustrating thing for me is that we’ve had the same problem for three years and not sorted it.

Mitchell looked good, glad he got a start….was desperate for him to score!
    All of this!
    I think Mitchell looks a good signing…if he was in a front 2 of a 442. I think we’re doing him a slight disservice playing him as a left winger type of a front 3.
    I think him and Woots could partner up well in a pair, but a radical shift in play and formation would be required. And that’s not going to happen because we are pulling results out. Not pretty, but results.

As I’ve said. The soft midfield is the biggest issue for me. No control at all. Palmer is great, but can’t do it all and with the current setup, the reliance of score more than them is a long term concern.
    Ruben seems off the pace a bit now as well. Seems his position has changed a bit and he’s not adapted as well. Too many ‘star’ players with Roberts being back in the team?

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    😆🤣🤣😂
    Worst cameo from a footballer I think I've ever seen.
    Such a shame as well. Alus had a soft spot for Sam but tonight he had the touch of a bouncy castle. I can see him being shown the door, asap.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast