+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Match Thread vs. Wealdstone 14.09.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Absolutely horrendous officiating. I’d love to know the referees reasoning behind not sending him off. As you’ve stated, the ref had a clear view and the player checked his run then clearly raising his arm.
    Why do players do this sort of thing? It wasn’t dealing with any kind of danger, just nastiness which could (should) have resulted in being sent off. If I was his manager and saw this I would be furious.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Looking at the replay on 2:20, that seems a definite deliberate elbow on Ruben. At the time I thought the ref must have been unsighted, but it was right in front of him. With the benefit of VAR it would have been a red card, but Cameron put it right from the resulting corner.
    Absolutely deliberate. Right in front of the ref as well, still. the ref was garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Absolutely deliberate. Right in front of the ref as well, still. the ref was garbage
    Apart from missing the blatant elbow, I thought the ref was ok. I liked the way he cracked down on time wasting, one of my pet hates in the game. When Wootton returned the ball straight to one of their players he deliberately let it go past him to waste time. The ref gave him a deserved yellow card when most would just have had a word. Also, when Cal was subbed he tried to do the 'slow walk from the far side of the pitch' trick, but the ref rightly made him exit in front of the JS stand. It was probably a good thing as he got generous applause from the Kop and DP stand as he walked back to the dugout!

Not sure what's worse the ref missing/ignoring that clear red card offence right in front of him or the collective Notts defending (or lack of) for that 2nd goal.

Both shocking!

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    Why do players do this sort of thing? It wasn’t dealing with any kind of danger, just nastiness which could (should) have resulted in being sent off. If I was his manager and saw this I would be furious.
    I’d be surprised if their manager takes any action, I’m sure he’ll brush it under the carpet.

Can/will the League take any action?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post

Can/will the League take any action?
    That's what I want to know. It's worthy of a 3-match ban...

That's consecutive home games that we've been absolutely robbed by the officials

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    That's what I want to know. It's worthy of a 3-match ban...

That's consecutive home games that we've been absolutely robbed by the officials
    Here's what seems to be the relevant section in the FA handbook:

6SECTION ONE: PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO CATEGORIES 1, 2 AND 3 TOGGLE SECTION AS FAVOURITE
    CHARGES TOGGLE SECTION AS FAVOURITE
    5 The Association may issue a Charge against a Player in relation to an incident whether or not the same incident has been dealt with by the Referee and/or pursuant to this Section One. In deciding whether or not to issue a Charge, The Association will have particular (but not exclusive) regard to the following:

5.1 any applicable Law(s) of the Game or Rules and Regulations or FIFA instructions and/or guidelines;

5.2 the nature of the incident, and in particular any intent, recklessness, negligence or other state of mind of the Player;

5.3 where applicable, the level of force used;

5.4 any injury to any Participant caused by the incident;

5.5 any other impact on the Match in which the incident occurred;

5.6 the prevalence of the type of incident in question in football generally;

5.7 the wider interests of football in applying consistent sanctions.

6 A Regulatory Commission considering a Charge pursuant to paragraph 5 above shall have regard to any standard punishment imposed pursuant to paragraphs 23 to 32 below for the same incident when considering any penalty in accordance with paragraph 40 of Part A: General Provisions Section Two.

7 The Association may issue a Charge against a Club at any time during the playing season in relation to cautionable or sending-off offences committed by Players of the Club.

Notts are a Category 1 team.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920