+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: United part of 5 club alliance…….

United part of 5 club alliance…….

To spearhead an external think tank to improving Scottish football.

In other words Doncaster is a complete moron so we need to do it ourselves!!

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7009/SPFL-MEMBER-CLUBS-INVEST-IN-INDEPENDENT-ADVICE-ON-STRATEGIC-REVIEW.html?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=twi tter&utm_medium=dundeeunitedfc

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...d-new-24984783

see if the sheep hadnt f ucking shat on everyone with the voting system we would all probably be better off already!

they thought the huns were totally dead and them and the tims would be the 'elite', that worked oot well eh...

chunts

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    see if the sheep hadnt f ucking shat on everyone with the voting system we would all probably be better off already!

they thought the huns were totally dead and them and the tims would be the 'elite', that worked oot well eh...

chunts
    Indeed.

Mutton molesting f*ckwits.

Interesting. But raises a few questions.....

Were other SPL clubs like St Johnstone Motherwell etc invited to join this or not, and if they were did they decline? Why should a small group of clubs bear all the cost for something which would benefit all the clubs?

Would any recommendations the Report comes up with have a cat in hell chance of being adopted given that they can be vetoed by the arsecheeks?

Will the Sheep be the first to leave the Big Brother house 😎

My fantasy scenario has always been

The 10 non OF Premiership clubs resign en masse and set up a rebel Scottish Football Federation (SFF)

That would leave the SPL without a TV and Sponsorship deal. It would also leave Sevco and Sellick nowhere to go except the Championship. Snookered.

The ten clubs in the new SFF then invite Sevco and Sellick to join the new SFF Premiership under new terms which include new regulations on TV revenue distribution and equal home AND away gate receipts.

Doubt this would ever happen because most owners don't have the cajones to hang them out to dry.

But we can dream...

I don't think this is much about the redistribution of current funds in Scottish football, I think this more about increasing the amount of money in Scottish football, by getting someone in charge who is able to sell the product correctly to TV stations and sponsors.

In my humble opinion, you probably want someone from outside of Scotland involved in this, too many people in this country are always going to be linked with either the green or blue side of Glasgow. We need someone from outside of this little bubble that's currently in Scottish football

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    I don't think this is much about the redistribution of current funds in Scottish football, I think this more about increasing the amount of money in Scottish football, by getting someone in charge who is able to sell the product correctly to TV stations and sponsors.

In my humble opinion, you probably want someone from outside of Scotland involved in this, too many people in this country are always going to be linked with either the green or blue side of Glasgow. We need someone from outside of this little bubble that's currently in Scottish football
    Good points both, but unless we get a fairer distribution model the extra money from better deals and marketing will still favour the two big Glasgow clubs.

bang on and will never be any different unless that happens mate

They took that approach and appointed Doncaster

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Scotland_20 View Post
    They took that approach and appointed Doncaster
    I was just about to make the same observation...

Until such a time that the people running our league stop trying to sell bigotry, we can start to bloom. The hatred sells papers and gives radio stations listeners. We missed an opportunity when rangers died.
    Either we stop selling bigotry as our main asset or we all join in and dilute the glasgow bigotry.
    I would love to see what would happen at this weekends derby if we behaved like the OF fans! Wohld the media condemn us or would they be selling ringside seats for the next one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)