+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maidenhead Tonight

No one's saying they're better than Notts though are they and we should have won at Weymouth on chances created and we won last night. I'm saying if people expect us to pump these teams every time and also expect us to play amazing for 90 mins then they're dreaming and not being realistic about our players and the other teams.

Things are progressing nicely and also like I say for the third time, the weaker teams in past seasons are getting better as most leagues quality does improve. As KK said Dover played well and they're a weaker team in this league. The quality and consistency of our and other teams play will vary as it's non league and these players would be higher up if they could do it for 90 mins. I just think people are being abit harsh that's all but each to their own.

Harsh maybe but if you look at our history, stadium, owners and squad depth we really shouldn't be struggling against these teams. I'll grant that Wrexham, Chessie, Grimsby etc. could be a challenge and that's saying something from where we've come but IF we believe we are promotion candidates then we just have to put these minor teams to the sword. No excuses for me. If they aren't doing it they are underachieving and anyone expecting less has lowered their sights.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    Harsh maybe but if you look at our history, stadium, owners and squad depth we really shouldn't be struggling against these teams. I'll grant that Wrexham, Chessie, Grimsby etc. could be a challenge and that's saying something from where we've come but IF we believe we are promotion candidates then we just have to put these minor teams to the sword. No excuses for me. If they aren't doing it they are underachieving and anyone expecting less has lowered their sights.
    What has the stadium, history and owners got to do with what happens on the pitch?

If anything, the expectation hinders players

We are promotion candidates, we're unbeaten, supposed smaller teams raise their game against us, we still should have won against Weymouth on chances created, the team is still getting it together combined with the detailed tactics from IB which some might not be able to take on, we have players who are good for this level which is why we're unbeaten, we're above Stockport, we're above league favourites Wrexham, Vincent and Francis haven't brought what was expected yet but still unbeaten. The only team I'm really worried about is Chesterfield as however much of a tw@t the manager is, he's obviously decent. We've had 3 draws, 2 against top teams and the other at Weymouth that we should have won but as I have said multiple times, players at this level won't take all the chances we create or they'd play higher up. Move along, nothing to see here really apart from some poor defending now and again which I hope IB can sort it. Please save this thread for seasons end when we've had a good season and challenged for promotion. Have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    What has the stadium, history and owners got to do with what happens on the pitch?

I used to think it meant the world but have learnt the last 2 seasons it means **** all but some still think we can win on name alone which is nonsense.

Stadium = big support, look at our gate figures
    Owners = budget and scouting resources
    History = pride

I suggest all affect the team. They should carry that with enthusiasm

^Whilst there is a degree of logic in this approach to rationalising our underachievement, if it actually played out across the football world, big clubs (relative to each level) wouldn't be taking most of the honours and promotion places - We'd all pretty much be spending equal amounts of time gong up and down the divisions. There's a reason bigger clubs tend to rise to the top and get out of divisions quicker than others after they've taken a stumble. If they don't, it'll most likely because they're in financial trouble and looking to sell. Better resources = better results.

Notts have got no excuses now.

Some players at this level might not be able to handle the pressure, how often have we heard managers say they look for players with the right internal stuff only to see them fold under pressure. The budget isn't as big this season as maybe 4 or 5 other teams as we're going for a different approach and our history means **** all, if anything it raises the game of the opposition. Did I mention we're unbeaten, you're talking like we lost to Weymouth and Wealstone but it says in my results list we didn't so I'm confused. I'd hate to see your attitude if we'd lost! We're actually playing some lovely formal at times but we won't sustain it all game as even top teams don't. Your sounding like a sausage FP. No one is saying it's perfect but it's not a bad start to the season with plenty to look forward to.

**** this anyway, it's a joke. We're doing ok so jog on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast