+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maidenhead Tonight

Maidenhead Tonight

Just looked through the other results tonight and saw that Maidenhead had two sent off with straight red cards. 1 was the keeper. Surely weakens them for Saturday as I assume their squad depth may not be great. I'll be predicting a 1-0 defeat for Notts Saturday I reckon 😀

I noticed that as well, but with the amount of goals they have conceded, it might strengthen them unwittingly.

Two players sent off, including one after 24 mins. Whether they rallied and fought hard or they got a runaround, it shouldn't have a positive effect on them for Saturday - as has been said, they probably don't have the greatest strength in depth to refresh things.

If Notts make hard work of this again, alarm bells should be ringing for more people.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts_Popular_Front View Post
    Two players sent off, including one after 24 mins. Whether they rallied and fought hard or they got a runaround, it shouldn't have a positive effect on them for Saturday - as has been said, they probably don't have the greatest strength in depth to refresh things.

If Notts make hard work of this again, alarm bells should be ringing for more people.
    Have to agree with this. After struggling to a draw against Weymouth and being accused of overreacting by being very disappointed and then battling out a 3-2 over Wealdstone surely a depleted Maidstone has to be a roll-over if we seriously expect to win this league.
    I mean really, look at these names. No disrespect but they are not even well regarded NL teams.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    Have to agree with this. After struggling to a draw against Weymouth and being accused of overreacting by being very disappointed and then battling out a 3-2 over Wealdstone surely a depleted Maidstone has to be a roll-over if we seriously expect to win this league.
    I mean really, look at these names. No disrespect but they are not even well regarded NL teams.
    Top of the table Daggers needed an 80th minute equaliser to get a draw at home to Wealdstone. I don't think either Wealdstone or Weymouth are the same cannon fodder we sawast year.

Clearly we're not firing on all cylinders, but I don't care too much about performances as long as we beat Maidenhead.

Yeah there’s been some biggin up of some of these teams we’re playing, however IB must be thanking his lucky stars at the fixture list which has allowed us to get over what we hope are teething problems but at the same time pick up a decent number of points.

Saturday should be straightforward, but no doubt we’ll manage to make em look like Guardiola’s Barcelona for the first half hour.

I have suggested that individuals have overreacted. An example ‘after struggling to draw against Weymouth’. Having read numerous media reports, listened to Burchnall’s post match interview and spoken with numerous people that attended the game; we created numerous chances and should of won. That’s not struggling to a draw.

I was also disappointed with the Weymouth result. But, I’m not going to start suggesting we’re not good enough to get promoted or certain players aren’t good enough after 5/6 games. There’s an awful lot to be positive about; the number of goals scored, the number of chances created and we have a coach/manager that recognises the areas we need to improve. Oh, and we’re unbeaten.

In terms of other teams and not being well regarded. There are no teams in this league that will just roll over. Dover v Chesterfield Saturday, the Chesterfield keeper was man of the match - I think that tells its own story. Sutton, before last season were they well regarded? Apart from Barnet, all teams we’ve played have had some very good players, players who I thought I wouldn’t mind seeing them in a Notts Shirt. The quality is much better than previous years and I’m not just referring to Wrexham.

I think people forget how much teams in this league raise their game against us especially when playing at meadow lane as who wouldn't want to put a performance in at our ground. Then we're still getting a settled team and IB is still working on them daily to get his ideas to become second nature to the players which takes time. Then there's the fact that in general most teams in leagues improve year on year if they have the right philosophy and management in place. Then there's the fact that our players are going to have the odd of patch which is why they're in non league and not in the EFL. To still be unbeaten having considered all the above points is a plus for me and think some are being too critical of a work in progress.

People who went to Weymouth said they were actually better than expected then there's comments saying Stones had some good players and nice play. It's time we stopped looking at the names and instead look how they play and perform. As I say the standard of most teams if they're heading in the right direction improves every year. I thought we'd dick Harrogate town as who are they but they dicked us and are doing well in league 2. I think we need to look at things a little more closely than say oh it's Wealstone, Weymouth or Harrogate we'll beat them easily. Not the way things go.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    People who went to Weymouth said they were actually better than expected then there's comments saying Stones had some good players and nice play. It's time we stopped looking at the names and instead look how they play and perform. As I say the standard of most teams if they're heading in the right direction improves every year. I thought we'd dick Harrogate town as who are they but they dicked us and are doing well in league 2. I think we need to look at things a little more closely than say oh it's Wealstone, Weymouth or Harrogate we'll beat them easily. Not the way things go.
    Surely we've got to make a distinction between a club that finished 2nd to two clubs who finished just outside what should have been the relegation zone last season.

Maybe both will turn out to be a surprise package this season. but going by what facts we've got at the moment, Weymouth and Wealdstone are most likely going to be among the weakest sides we'll play.

Not trying to be negative, but if people really are saying these two clubs are good sides compared to Notts then I'm starting to feel worried.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast