+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are Leeds suffering from second-season syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    …..and if we had carried on and through we would have won the league or top four, and, and, and.
    Four lousy games in mate. You suggesting we throw the towel in now and give up?

Where do you get the “poor management” from mate? Never met the bloke but I didn’t think that was his style.
    Makes mistakes yeah he’s man enough and honest enough to admit that the buck stops with him. It’s our second season after 16 years and he is getting knocked for only having one plan, give me strength….
    Lets leave it at ‘work in progress’ lets see how the plans work out. If they don’t please feel free to come back and gloat to me “I told you so”.
    This season is a very different place to last.

At the start of last season we were "unknown", with a squad and coach new to the PL (despite Bielsa being known to some PL "organisations" and individuals). we had a solid 1st team squad built from those who had mostly been with the club since the days of Monk etc, and who were responsible for getting us promoted, and with all the team spirit that generates.

Now, were a known quantity, our single-plan strategy/tactics well understood by the opposition (top six or not!). We have disposed of key components of the 1st team with dubious if not totally useless replacements, and have only one really valuable new player (guess?). Hernandez may not have been all of what we needed in the PL, but his playmaking ability is glaringly absent from our current squad. Alioski may not have been the "traditional" left back, but he was as close to the "10st of barbed wire" that we have seen at LUFC for a long time. Neither have been replaced.

Just read this, seems I'm not alone in my wiew regarding Alioski (at least)

https://tbrfootball.com/are-leeds-fi...janni-alioski/

Also, we have new crocks (llorente, Koch), square pegs and possible crocks (Rodrigo), and imports who are simply not accustomed to "Bielsaball" and probably never will be (Rodrigo (again), Firpo). None of which augers well for the new season.

We are in a relegation fight from now on. I watched Newcastle against Scum and yes, they were beaten, but they were beaten just like we were last season, not this, fighting, with skill, tenacity and threat. they only got the one goal, but were unlucky not to come away level (Ronaldo is worth every penny of his fee!). I suspect we will not fine St James a happy hunting ground.

None of us gloat mate, surprised you should suggest otherwise. Just that sometimes, when the fans/supporters can see something that's glaringly obvious, it sticks in your craw when "the management" (top to bottom), either don't see it or of they do, do f00k all about addressing the problem.
    Last edited by WTF11; 15-09-2021 at 11:20 PM.

Yeah thats a good article mate, cheers.
    I guess I worded that wrongly to Oz I meant he could come back and get me for being wrong! Not hard to do! I know we are all LEEDS and want nothing but success.
    Sorry Oz.

We have a battle each and every game I’m thinking, no easy games and the home advantage thingy is neither here or there, there is a bunch of like minded teams like us also so thats our goal to stay here like last season but three more teams with something to prove, so yes we need to get it sorted, most on here know where our concerns are, not sure I have a answer to why but I believe we will.

I'll wait until after Friday's game before I start guessing the outcome of the season - as Karen would have said 'we've only just begun'

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    I'll wait until after Friday's game before I start guessing the outcome of the season - as Karen would have said 'we've only just begun'
    Agree it’s too early to tell and the next five games should give us a better idea as at least 4 of those are winnable.

Hard start to the season and teams are not surprised by us anymore.

They have to work out how to keep the ball better and get the ball to Rapha more. Paddy B hasn’t had many decent chances and we just don’t seem to be firing on all cylinders yet.

We have signed decent players - GK, LB and Dan James. Lot of good youngsters signed and coming through but as others have said not clear when they will get their chance.

Think the Fulham game is a more likely opportunity.

JG and Summerville must be champing at the bit to play. Kinnear also said Bate was signed as one to fast track.

Bigger question will be who starts in midfield - Klich or Rodrigo - hope the former but suspect the latter.

Would be nice if we brought in some of the youth players. we've got some good ones.

I think that St maximum fellow is going to be a handful for cooper and ayling. Not a good feel on that.

still think we'll be fine but looking like lower half of the table unless we bring in some fresh blood or change things up. That's not MB's style but maybe injuries and suspensions will force him to.

Quote Originally Posted by Footymad View Post
    Premier League clubs are now fully aware of how to stop Leeds United, says former forward Glenn Murray. - External Link
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    This season is a very different place to last.

At the start of last season we were "unknown", with a squad and coach new to the PL (despite Bielsa being known to some PL "organisations" and individuals). we had a solid 1st team squad built from those who had mostly been with the club since the days of Monk etc, and who were responsible for getting us promoted, and with all the team spirit that generates.

Now, were a known quantity, our single-plan strategy/tactics well understood by the opposition (top six or not!). We have disposed of key components of the 1st team with dubious if not totally useless replacements, and have only one really valuable new player (guess?). Hernandez may not have been all of what we needed in the PL, but his playmaking ability is glaringly absent from our current squad. Alioski may not have been the "traditional" left back, but he was as close to the "10st of barbed wire" that we have seen at LUFC for a long time. Neither have been replaced.

Just read this, seems I'm not alone in my wiew regarding Alioski (at least)

https://tbrfootball.com/are-leeds-fi...janni-alioski/

Also, we have new crocks (llorente, Koch), square pegs and possible crocks (Rodrigo), and imports who are simply not accustomed to "Bielsaball" and probably never will be (Rodrigo (again), Firpo). None of which augers well for the new season.

We are in a relegation fight from now on. I watched Newcastle against Scum and yes, they were beaten, but they were beaten just like we were last season, not this, fighting, with skill, tenacity and threat. they only got the one goal, but were unlucky not to come away level (Ronaldo is worth every penny of his fee!). I suspect we will not fine St James a happy hunting ground.

None of us gloat mate, surprised you should suggest otherwise. Just that sometimes, when the fans/supporters can see something that's glaringly obvious, it sticks in your craw when "the management" (top to bottom), either don't see it or of they do, do f00k all about addressing the problem.
    What isn't different this season to last - and the ten before that, is your consistency in doom mongering when things are not so good a month into the season

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    What isn't different this season to last - and the ten before that, is your consistency in doom mongering when things are not so good a month into the season
    Or yours in deciding to respond as you do, taking the man not the ball, ignoring some indisputable facts, and that others are saying the same thing.

It feels like it could be at the moment and our injuries and suspensions (Sticks 2 up to the FA/Corrupt tw@ts) are not helping.

Main objective (as last season) is to stay in this division but I won't deny getting pumped by the any of the greedy vile cartel 6 is making me more miserable than normal

Long way to go.......

Is this true I fear if it is he is really mad.

Leeds United rejected a last-minute attempt to sign star man Rodrigo Moreno on transfer deadline day - with Barcelona reportedly the club that was denied the signing of the Spaniard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)