+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Roberts

600k - 800k where he is now with added clauses.

If he stays fit and has high returns surely we'd get away with asking for 1 million with clauses.

We have to sell simply because when it comes to new contracts we probably wouldn't be able to afford or risk what his agents would be asking for.
    Probably the same with Woots to a lesser extent.They will have to sell and put their trust in Radar in finding another gem to replace him..

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    We have to sell simply because when it comes to new contracts we probably wouldn't be able to afford or risk what his agents would be asking for.
    Probably the same with Woots to a lesser extent.They will have to sell and put their trust in Radar in finding another gem to replace him..
    Unless Woots signs a new contract we will have to sell him on the cheap in January or lose him for a nominal fee in the summer. Although some fans would be ok with that the amount of flack he gets. No idea why. He's everything you want in a striker at this level and the one above.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    What is he, 24 years old? He has probably 6 years of ‘prime’ career ahead of him, no matter how much he likes it here he isn’t going to stick around if a club from the championship or even possibly league one come knocking….and you couldn’t begrudge him that.

We’ve known this is going to be the ownership style all along and the sale of Roberts and the money it brings could well finance a squad that sees us get promotion. It’s easy to say, but look at Brentford, they’ve sold their best players year on year but have still risen due to their great recruitment.

Those saying he’s worth a million at least are pretty optimistic I feel but imagine what that money could buy at this level with our recruitment model.
    Agree with this, he's only got a limited career and already has missed some through injury so he's right to do the best he can and that'll be with someone other than us. We won't keep Roberts or Rodriguez past this season I don't think so let's pray they do the business and leave us a league 2 club. I think about £600,000 for Roberts would be about right in the current market which we would use wisely I believe. Pedro is also right, sometimes you need to sell and take some disappointment rather than lots of disappointment when they run their contract down.

We always knew they'd leave but the fact we found them is encouraging in regards to building good rolling squad. I would like to see Wootters put pen to paper though as believe he's at the right club.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_OTF View Post
    Unless Woots signs a new contract we will have to sell him on the cheap in January or lose him for a nominal fee in the summer. Although some fans would be ok with that the amount of flack he gets. No idea why. He's everything you want in a striker at this level and the one above.
    Woots is a quality player I cant understand why anyone would think otherwise.
    Yes hes missed chances but name me a player who hasn't...

I know I am being optimistic BUT, what if we are a League 1 club at the end of Cal’s contract? Would he stay then if another League 1 club comes in? If he sees the club progressing further would he commit? All the players and managers that have signed all mention a project. If they have all bought in to the idea that this project will progress them and the club, will they commit to longer time fulfill the project?

I would imagine that Cal in particular has a clause in his contract that he signed last autumn which would allow him to talk to teams who offer X amount.

I like Cal, but all players are replaceable. I am more optimistic now in our recruitment processes. If we do lose someone like Cal, the money gained could fund the recruitment of multiple acquisitions that improve the squad. Imagine the selling point, we took this player from Blyth, gave him a platform to improve and sold him to ….. That could be you prospective player. All players want to play as high up the Leagues as possible. I don’t care if players come to Notts and consistently go on to clubs higher up, especially if it’s helping us progress through the leagues ourselves.

I know it’s a lot of If, buts and maybes….

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_OTF View Post
    Because "he couldn't score in a brothel", "he misses too many chances" well that's what we are told.

The requests for him to be replaced not too long ago is one of the most baffling things I've ever read on here. He is about as good as you get at this level in his position, I'd argue he is the most important player to our club and IBs system.

As for Cal, if we got anything around or above £500K plus a decent sell on percentage then that would be the best example of why the club has adopted this new approach to recruitment. Out first real success of buying an selling for a very long time.

The most encouraging thing about the current recruitment at the club is that for the first time in as long as I can remember we have a competitive squad and every one of them is a Notts County asset. No loaners, no pay by match and of career player, just 100% Notts County. That in itself is hugely encouraging.

Agreed. It also looks a more stable squad, which should have benefits as the players have a better chance of knowing, or guessing, what passes and runs each player may make, or what cover is likely to be needed. This comes out of stable leadership. I have hated seeing the huge turnover of players as well as managers, always leaving us needing a couple of strikers, midfielders, central defenders, goalkeepers etc short of a competitive team.

I can’t see any complete wasters in the current squad, though it’s hard to see much of a role for Sam, and Knight and Palmer T, for example, are unproven potential still.

Roberts will leave us 100% the fee IMO would be around 750k with add ons. Barnet sold a player last summer for 500k, and that was when there was no fans, and clubs were 'skint' added to that Tshimanga was just bought for a fee of around 270k, and i wouldn't say he's any better than Wootton nevermind Roberts. Roberts is the best player in this league by some distance, for me he screams a Peterborough signing, buy him for 750k sell him in a few years for Millions.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast