+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for one of the Academy lads?

Time for one of the Academy lads?

To step up to the 1st team?

We are running short on bodies now especially in the CB area.

Bielsa may have to.

Getting close Rev mate, time to unleash? they must be getting close. We haven’t been picking up youngsters for nothing. Kinda like the look of Leo Hjelde.

He is highly rated George and has been compared to Van Diick at Liverpool.

How many more threads/posts are going to say the same thing and I predict that nothing of the sort will happen?

So Struijk will serve a 3 match ban. Is the banning of one graduate from the Academy the only way any other will get an opportunity at 1st team football? Is that how the club is going to run its player development pipeline? Certainly looks like it.

Bielsa's way of doing things WTF he likes a 'small' group....not something I agree with to be honest but on this occasion there may just be a chance for the boy we got from Celtic to come in and take his chance..perhaps?

God I hope not mate, are we down to the point of bare bones. Players ought to get a break on merit and I agree with you, not a great way to expect to move on up. Many on here have nothing but good to say about a bunch of prospects having seen them first hand, surely something has to happen in the course of this season in regards to new faces breaking into the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Bielsa's way of doing things WTF he likes a 'small' group....not something I agree with to be honest but on this occasion there may just be a chance for the boy we got from Celtic to come in and take his chance..perhaps?
    Small group maybe and not actually something I'd disagree with in our situation (we don't have the organisational infrastructure to deal with squads like those at Scum, Pool, Schitty etc), but a graduation PLAN is what I'm suggesting might be a good idea, given all the guff (which is increasingly what it looks like), spouted about how we're investing in home grown players etc, rather than being forced (as we have numerous times previously) into playing U23s "in extremis" rather than because its the right thing for player and team

If Bielsa judges it never to be the right time (as appears always to be the case), why the f00k do we have an Academy (other than as a secondary revenue earner for players we have metaphorically "fattened up" before sending them off to market again)?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    He is highly rated George and has been compared to Van Diick at Liverpool.
    Isn't he only 17?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Small group maybe and not actually something I'd disagree with in our situation (we don't have the organisational infrastructure to deal with squads like those at Scum, Pool, Schitty etc), but a graduation PLAN is what I'm suggesting might be a good idea, given all the guff (which is increasingly what it looks like), spouted about how we're investing in home grown players etc, rather than being forced (as we have numerous times previously) into playing U23s "in extremis" rather than because its the right thing for player and team

If Bielsa judges it never to be the right time (as appears always to be the case), why the f00k do we have an Academy (other than as a secondary revenue earner for players we have metaphorically "fattened up" before sending them off to market again)?
    It's an Academy and works this way.
    1st you get rid of all the local kids
    2nd you bring in ones from all over the world
    3rd you loan them out and move them on for nothing.
    The only time you see kids in the first team is when their arses are getting sore sitting on the bench all game.

Ayling will go to centre half and Dallas to right back.
    No new blood.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)