+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcast with Mr Paul Conway

They qualified for the Europa League after finishing 4th in 2015/2016.
    Tell the truth I'm not really bothered about Nice just read up on one or 2 things and discovered that they actually qualified for the Champions League 12 months after Pacific Media took over.
    I think sometimes stories in the papers and social media get blown up like the so called uproar with Nice fans.
    Having said that its no different to our supporters blowing a fuse last week because of Schopps fall out with Benson and his stopping in the dugout at halftime in Bournemouth of which neither was true.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Tell the truth I'm not really bothered about Nice just read up on one or 2 things and discovered that they actually qualified for the Champions League 12 months after Pacific Media took over.
    I think sometimes stories in the papers and social media get blown up like the so called uproar with Nice fans.
    Having said that its no different to our supporters blowing a fuse last week because of Schopps fall out with Benson and his stopping in the dugout at halftime in Bournemouth of which neither was true.
    I'm comfortable with the position I hold regarding our ownership Bill without the need to introduce straw arguments in to the debate .

The club isn't a " sacred cow " to me and has never been no matter who owned us .

I'll be there tomorrow .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm comfortable with the position I hold regarding our ownership Bill without the need to introduce straw arguments in to the debate .

The club isn't a " sacred cow " to me and has never been no matter who owned us .

I'll be there tomorrow .
    Excuse me what straw argument.I made a reply to Eaststander claiming Pacific media lied about the success Nice had before they took over.I only pointed out that wasn't true.This board is dying on its backside and I'm pulled up for correcting an error.Good lord the only way to be heard on here is to be anti anything red and white well that doesn't sit well with me so I might leave you all to it.Enjoy.

Excuse me what straw argument.I made a reply to Eaststander claiming Pacific media lied about the success Nice had before they took over.I only pointed out that wasn't true.This board is dying on its backside and I'm pulled up for correcting an error.Good lord the only way to be heard on here is to be anti anything red and white well that doesn't sit well with me so I might leave you all to it.Enjoy.
    I didn’t say they lied Bill I said they took credit for things that were already in place which is not untrue. Conway has even taken credit for the state of the art training ground they had built.

Also please don’t confuse thinking Conway is full of crap to being anti Barnsley FC. He’s a here today gone tomorrow part of the clubs history. It’s an opinion that’s all.

There's only myself and a few more who are vocal about the ownership .

I'd probably put us in the minority to be honest on this board .

Excuse me what straw argument.I made a reply to Eaststander claiming Pacific media lied about the success Nice had before they took over.I only pointed out that wasn't true.This board is dying on its backside and I'm pulled up for correcting an error.Good lord the only way to be heard on here is to be anti anything red and white well that doesn't sit well with me so I might leave you all to it. Enjoy.
    No need to leave Bill lad, just have a re-think about it ehh and continue posting again with us all tomorrow, especially as its a home match day for us.

Never understand why people stop posting because others have different opinions, it’s a message board and that’s what it’s for people to give opinions.

Always find your posts interesting Bill, don’t agree with everything but your posts are usually well thought out.

Conway was claiming credit for Nice being in the Champions League. You don't build a side to that level in the few months they were there prior to the Champions League place. They didn't buy any players that made a difference. The side was built gradually over four or five years by Jean Paul Rivere, the previous owner and Conway stepped in to claim the credit.
    You imply the Nice fan's unrest is just a made up story. Several respected French sports papers and magazines discussed it over several months. It wasn't the Nice BBS.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    There's only myself and a few more who are vocal about the ownership .

I'd probably put us in the minority to be honest on this board .
    I think you are very much in the majority.
    Or at least of those that voice an opinion.
    But even if you are in the minority - it dosent necessarily mean you are wrong.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast