+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paul warne and his team

I’d question whether Warne has the ability to develop a player such as Wiles, who I believe to have bags of talent but it needs honing and coaching properly if he is going to progress.

But I wouldn’t say Warne being a good bloke is a negative thing.

Snarling, angry, little Scottish managers are a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I’d question whether Warne has the ability to develop a player such as Wiles, who I believe to have bags of talent but it needs honing and coaching properly if he is going to progress.

But I wouldn’t say Warne being a good bloke is a negative thing.

Snarling, angry, little Scottish managers are a thing of the past.
    Look at warnes record aj vaulks crooks ogbene crooks.

Think its wiles not the manager

But I agree he has got talent

No other manager at rotherham has tuned players from very little to million pound plus or international.

Chris Coleman Sunderland till I die talks about good players off the pitch which helped the Welsh national team ole pep go on about it.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Look at warnes record aj vaulks crooks ogbene crooks.

Think its wiles not the manager

But I agree he has got talent

No other manager at rotherham has tuned players from very little to million pound plus or international.

Chris Coleman Sunderland till I die talks about good players off the pitch which helped the Welsh national team ole pep go on about it.
    Crooks is so good Warne developed him twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin291269 View Post
    Makes me chuckle at the amount of people on here with a "man crush" for PW..sure I agree hes 1 hell of a nice guy...but as a manager hes found wanting...totally inept and tactically clueless at times...for all his faults give me Evan's anytime
    Kevin, I’m with you on this and the points you’ve made, however, Warne far exceeds Evo in promoting the club. He truly is a very genuine warm man who wears his heart on his sleeve and would run through a brick wall for this club.

I can also add Evo’s approach to football was very no nonsense and always delivered results that saw promotion and ‘retention’ in the Championship and thats where the two of them differ in management skills. If you’d got a combination of both, Evo would still be here.
    Last edited by Brin; 17-09-2021 at 07:10 AM.

Warne isn't alone with the 'good human being' theory.You hear quite a few managers talk about it these days.Its probably down to the money involved in the game these days at all levels and far too many clubs having had their fingers burnt by signing players with bad attitudes who don't only just go through the motions collecting their money but disrupt everyone else in the process. Even in League 1,a 3 year deal at 3 grand a week is the best part of a half a million pound investment.ANY investment of that sum in ANY industry that didn't command thorough due diligence would be classed as negligent.

Can't compare the Evo era with the current one are are fundamentally different.

Eco had a much higher budget in terms of salaries and quantities of players. It was common to hear rumours of a number of players on £10K a week. As someone else pointed out even a player on £3K a week is very costly and he signed a huge shout of players

Today the squads are limited and the transfer and loan windows are shut firm for months on end. So in the Evo era and we needed a LB or a replacement for the injured Mr Wood this week then we could have done so for a month to plug the gaps.

Whilst I wouldn't have missed the Evo era for anything, he would not have achieved as much if he was as constrained as PW is now

Evo had a much higher budget in terms of salaries and quantities of players. It was common to hear rumours of a number of players on £10K a week. As someone else pointed out even a player on £3K a week is very costly and he signed a huge amount of players

Today the squads are limited and the transfer and loan windows are shut firm for months on end. So in the Evo ,s era when we needed a LB or a replacement for the injured Mr Wood this week then we could have done so for a month to plug the gaps. Not now

Whilst I wouldn't have missed the Evo era for anything, he would not have achieved as much if he was as constrained as PW is now

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post

Evo had a much higher budget in terms of salaries and quantities of players. It was common to hear rumours of a number of players on £10K a week. As someone else pointed out even a player on £3K a week is very costly and he signed a huge amount of players

Today the squads are limited and the transfer and loan windows are shut firm for months on end. So in the Evo ,s era when we needed a LB or a replacement for the injured Mr Wood this week then we could have done so for a month to plug the gaps. Not now

Okay, I heard you the first time 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Who owns a parrot?

We all know Warney is a nice guy (well personally I don’t) yes he’s fetched some good players in but i don’t think he did Wiles any favours last season, maybe he’s starting to listen and realised this after putting him on bench.

I don’t want Warney to move on, just want him to know his players use them to their ability in games, obviously he’ll have problems when players Ayr injured and would need to rotate
    **** what they do in training, if they’re doing good on pitch than that’s all that matters

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Crooks is so good Warne developed him twice.
    just realised why you put that

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123