+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smudge

Smudge

20-1 for smudge to be top scorer aslong as he stays with us that us amazing value

He scored 11 in a very struggling championship team. Now he is in a top league 1 team.

Double him up with ronaldo a tenner pays over 700.

I think he will stay or pre sign for another team as he is with more to stay with us score and leave kn a free than we will ever get for a fee on the last 6 months off his contract

If we do sell him and we are in and around the play offs than Tony Stewart needs to go

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    If we do sell him and we are in and around the play offs than Tony Stewart needs to go
    Needs to go? That's an interesting concept. Where does he need to go and if he does who will take his place? The Booth Family? The guy from Derby? Tuna man from S6? A consortium of Hollywood stars a-la Wrexham?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Needs to go? That's an interesting concept. Where does he need to go and if he does who will take his place? The Booth Family? The guy from Derby? Tuna man from S6? A consortium of Hollywood stars a-la Wrexham?
    I don't know

But have you circulated the club to wealthy bussiness man?

It's alright saying no one will take rufc on but no one has gave anyone the opportunity.

I mean from now on what the club has achieved.

Camiller why highlight the negative why don't you highlight the success like Liverpool owners man city owners Bournemouth owners ipswhich town owners..

Yes I would love some rotherham born a listers buying the club and spending big on them.

Don't you ??

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    I don't know

But have you circulated the club to wealthy bussiness man?

It's alright saying no one will take rufc on but no one has gave anyone the opportunity.

I mean from now on what the club has achieved.

Camiller why highlight the negative why don't you highlight the success like Liverpool owners man city owners Bournemouth owners ipswhich town owners..
    I get what you say, and to anyone on MM RUFC would possibly be top of their shopping list if they suddenly won 50M-100M on the lottery. I'm too detached from Rotherham (moved away 42 years ago today on my 19th birthday) to know who around there would have the necessary means and motive to buy the club. I can't see there being too many 'honest' takers from outside the region but maybe what's happened at Wrexham will prove it can be done with an unglamorous prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I get what you say, and to anyone on MM RUFC would possibly be top of their shopping list if they suddenly won 50M-100M on the lottery. I'm too detached from Rotherham (moved away 42 years ago today on my 19th birthday) to know who around there would have the necessary means and motive to buy the club. I can't see there being too many 'honest' takers from outside the region but maybe what's happened at Wrexham will prove it can be done with an unglamorous prospect.
    I big problem with welove's idea is that we are surrounded by other clubs in Yorkshire, some of whom are bigger and historically more successful. Why would a speculative non attached business person choose the Millers out of any of the others? Wrexham are one of the few Welsh teams and have no immediate rivals and big catchment area to attract growth. I think that makes them attractive to prospective buyers

2nd in league on five goals

I know he can score but tbh I was actually expecting Ladapo to be our top scorer this season, not happening for him yet but still time I suppose

WLB clearly doesn’t like TS, it’s always his fault apparently, nothing to do with good players playing out of position or not getting on pitch due to the manager
    Last edited by millertop; 16-09-2021 at 07:31 AM.

This is like every worse thing that a football fan wants.

As it is.

There are 92 clubs altogether and only one can finish at the top each year. If that was to rotate you'd be looking at being champions once in a lifetime. It won't rotate so you'll have to be in the top 20 (Premiership) to win it. In the last 30 years there have been 6 clubs that have won that league. The only one team that shook the world was Leicester City and every supporter of every club holds on to there win and dream that their team can do the same.because they kept the dream alive!

So the other 72 clubs play for 10 promotion places per season. 3 will win the right to play in the Premiership thus have a near imposible job of surviving never mind thinking of winning the league, which they won't because they can't afford the players that will do that. Of course you'll have the odd Leeds United who will survive and eventually become mid table team before having a go at the European competition but never coming close to winning the title.

The other 62 play and overspend chasing the next level up like we do! But it's not really that much fun! We get satisfaction out of playing well and moan at every decision that's not given. We get angry and take to social media which is at best a way of getting things off your chast because your parner no longer listens to you but at worst it's decisive and ugly. Then there's the play offs, designed to prolong the excitement of the season. This gives hope to an additional 12 clubs which then generates a few more bob for the club. Because of the play offs, the clubs have been given a bigger carrot to follow. No longer are clubs chasing the 3 (or 4) promotion places they're chasing 6 or 7 spots with only a 25% chance of winning the last promotion spot which are better odds than the 10% chance of winning automatic promotion.

And don't forget the 13 teams that are relegated! The ultimate price to pay for failure for a seasons bad management.

So fans are looking for millions of pounds of investment (or to lose) from people they don't know that often don't understand the culture of our game.

They must be local or at least someone whos accounts are open to be scrutinised and ridiculed annually.

Someone with thick skin so that any problem out of their control can be put on their shoulders

If you want to win the Premiership you need to be looking at a Billion pounds over a long period.

Prepared to sack managers because of a run of poor results brought on by the pressure of the fans and to safegaurd their investment (loss).

I think that there must be a dozen or so people like this in Rotherham, no the UK, maybe Europe or at least the world who'd like to come to Rotherham United and give it a go.

These people were queueing up to buy Bury, Bolton, Wigan and every other club that got into trouble. We're not in trouble so it may be wise to leave things as they are and be satisfied at the same time as being moderately happy.

You think the owner should go if we sell a player in the last year of his contract that may get a bigger offer from a bigger club?
    That’s very strange.
    So if Smith tells the manager in January he would like a transfer he has effectively got rid of the owner??
    The same owner that we could very well be Oldham or Bury without?

Did TS shag your wife or sommat?

Some people really should engage brain before typing, unless of course he thinks the chairman should somehow sack himself..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast