+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Burton

Burton

Burton are 7th and have drawn the last three games so what will happen this weekend?
    Am looking forward to having 2 home games after such a long time without one. Will the fans turn up,
    Burton are possibly not the greatest draw for crowds? Whatever, we desperately need to get some positives from the next two games. Burton will fight for every ball and also use the long throw as part of their arsenal. Hopefully, this season we have some kind of system for defending the long throw. I don't want to see the ball allowed to bounce in the box like it did last time. Will we have the nous to get behind them? It should be possible with Bennett's ability on the ball and Kashket's movement. It's the idea that we have three (at least) forwards to keep their defence busy that is encouraging as earlier in the season Mandron was all alone up front. Robertson also gives us something going forward. Not sure which system DA will play but I feel we might need the extra midfielder instead of 5 at the back. The difficulty with that is that, to me, Adebisi doesn't seem to get forward enough.
    Still, although I think Burton is a harder task than Shrewsbury, I am thinking that the Alex might just edge it. 2-1.

Listening to the Railwaymen podcast, the chap from Burton said he didn't know which Burton would turn up. I think if we can start like we did away at Shrewsbury, I have us down to win. Start slowly, and let Burton get comfortable in the game, it'll be a tough afternoon. I also think we should revert to the 4-3-3, and have that extra body in midfield. Being positive, 2 - 0 to the Alex, with Kashket and Robertson to score.

And 2-0 it was! Wow! What a game! Feeling much more optimistic now. Some great performances to take from that gave and no duff ones!
    Bennett did things where it mattered. Shame he couldn't be credited with both goals. I thought Robertson was immense, a really class player.
    Kashket made a nuisance of himself all game and I'm sure his goal will come soon. Only a couple of slight wobbles across the back and an outstanding save from Will. Ainley had an exciting game with the ball. Unfortunately, we seem thin in the middle when we didn't have it. Mandron was less noticeable as he was able to divert players away from the two other forwards.
    Really looking forward to Tuesday. Just hope Thomas was not too badly hurt when he came off.

Agree on all points - Kashket is the type of player home fans love and opposition ones hate! Bring it on! Thomas I thought was superb so let's hope not too bad. Bennett & Robertson are going to give us some exciting months at least. And Gomes to come in.

At the moment, it's hard to see where Knight (and even more Long) come into the team when fit, but if they really contest for places we should be fine in attack! Not sure of our best midfield yet - where will Gomes play, instead of Ainley? Still wonder if Offord won't end up in the Wintle shielding back four role though he was solid at CH as usual when he had to replace Thomas.